Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Pop Up, Tent Trailer and Teardrop Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-05-2006, 05:56 AM   #1

Hi ya'll. Got a question for ya. Where can I buy all of those neat popup accessories. I have googled and checked out the links that come up. I have also checked out popuptimes and campingworld. I don't know where else to go other than the dealer that I bought the camper from. I think it was Kablewizard who is selling a popup here and has pictures of the inside and has the organizer and vanity things. I like those and want them, where can I buy them? I also want one of those bars that attach to the ceiling to hang hangers on.

Also, what do you guys do with your bath towels to dry. We hang them on the poles that keep the tenting up, but if it is not dry when we go to bed, I can't fold them to put them away. Are there hooks that I can get to hook into the little tracks where the curtains are? I don't want to hang them outside in case of rain or them getting blown away.

I am also trying to come up with some type of thin counter like surface than I can place on the bunk end mattress next to the kitchen to expand my kitchen space when cooking. I want to be able to store it under the mattress for packing up, so it has to be thin. Any ideas?

I also want to get a bike rack. We need to fit 2 though cause there are 7 of us. I saw one at camping world that goes on top of the popup, but I don't think it will work since we have ac on top. Can one of those bumper ones attach to our bumper in the back? I could then put one on the bumper and one by the hitch. Any better ideas?

What other ways have any of you guys found to customize or accesorize your popups to make life easier?

Thanks, I look forward to your suggestions.

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2006, 05:56 AM   #2

Hi ya'll. Got a question for ya. Where can I buy all of those neat popup accessories. I have googled and checked out the links that come up. I have also checked out popuptimes and campingworld. I don't know where else to go other than the dealer that I bought the camper from. I think it was Kablewizard who is selling a popup here and has pictures of the inside and has the organizer and vanity things. I like those and want them, where can I buy them? I also want one of those bars that attach to the ceiling to hang hangers on.

Also, what do you guys do with your bath towels to dry. We hang them on the poles that keep the tenting up, but if it is not dry when we go to bed, I can't fold them to put them away. Are there hooks that I can get to hook into the little tracks where the curtains are? I don't want to hang them outside in case of rain or them getting blown away.

I am also trying to come up with some type of thin counter like surface than I can place on the bunk end mattress next to the kitchen to expand my kitchen space when cooking. I want to be able to store it under the mattress for packing up, so it has to be thin. Any ideas?

I also want to get a bike rack. We need to fit 2 though cause there are 7 of us. I saw one at camping world that goes on top of the popup, but I don't think it will work since we have ac on top. Can one of those bumper ones attach to our bumper in the back? I could then put one on the bumper and one by the hitch. Any better ideas?

What other ways have any of you guys found to customize or accesorize your popups to make life easier?

Thanks, I look forward to your suggestions.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:12 AM   #3
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Sandra, wow lots of questions, I am old so I have to answer them one at a time.

Yes we are selling our loved pop-up, and it has the vanity and hange up bag. Those were bought as part of a option for the camper , and it also has the hangup hook. they are available from Our dealer, it was made by Fleetwood under the Coleman name.

We ran a cord from the bed roof supports (front to back ) to hange our towels on at night to dry in the hall, we found they dried better if we had the AC fan running, for air flow, didn't need the cold air though.

For your bunk counter surface, you can try some plexy glass, sand the ends so it wont be sharp and its thin enough for under the mattress. Leave the protecting coating on the bottom or put some design on it to hide scratches on the bottom.

I added some shelfs under the sink for better useage of the space. I used the metel shelf you see at Home Depot for you closet, cut them with wire cutters and used them upside down so the lip was up and kept things from falling out. If your frames for your bench area is wood like ours was, I added some metal on top of the wood to keep the seat buttons from tearing up the wood. We also placed a good quality space blanket on the bunk ends. ( Shinny side up to keep the heat out , or down to help keep it in when it was cold.

There's a few ideas for you.

Have fun.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:07 AM   #4

Wow, thanks. Those are great tips. I never would have thought of plexiglass. That is perfect! I will try the shelf thingies too. That sounds easy enough. Our benches already have metal on top of the wood. Apparently someone was thinking when they made the new ones. LOL

I will call the dealer and see if I can get those accessories. I saw them in the fleetwood brochure. The rope between the bunkends would work as well.

I don't fully understand your space blanket thing though. Was it outside or inside? I have heard of some people using something similar wrapping it around the outside. I was also thinking about getting the foam board insulation and cutting it to the size of the bunk end sides to use in the winter to keep the wind out. Have not used it in the southern summer heat yet, so not sure how effective the ac will be. May add the bunkend fans if we have to.

When we camped this winter, we used flannel sheets the last 2 trips. It made a world of difference. I think I will use the flannel sheets on the bottom during the summer as well. It should help with the humidity. Not sure, but worth a try.

Can't wait to try out all of your ideas!!! Thanks again.

Old 04-06-2006, 02:26 PM   #5
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
The space blankets go on the outside. We use the small plastic clamps they come in a tube of all sizes at Wal Mart to hold them to the canvas. If your going to camp in the cold weather and your going to have hook ups, think of electric blankets, the kind you can lay on. Its warmer under you.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:23 PM   #6

You may want to line to deck of your beds with Reflectix brand (or similar) heat barrier (between decking & mattress). It makes a huge difference.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:14 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also, what do you guys do with your bath towels to dry. We hang them on the poles that keep the tenting up, but if it is not dry when we go to bed, I can't fold them to put them away. Are there hooks that I can get to hook into the little tracks where the curtains are? I don't want to hang them outside in case of rain or them getting blown away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We had a 99' Coleman pop-up where we used 2 bundgy cords and ran them across and between the inside roof brace. Also where Coleman had their pop-down cloths hanger, we would drap that nights shower towels from it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I also want to get a bike rack. We need to fit 2 though cause there are 7 of us. I saw one at camping world that goes on top of the popup, but I don't think it will work since we have ac on top. Can one of those bumper ones attach to our bumper in the back? I could then put one on the bumper and one by the hitch. Any better ideas? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You have to watch the weight on the back of the trailer if you put a bike rack back there. My brother tried that and it gave the trailer all kinds of towing problems. For us we used what is called a "hitch over" bike rack. It mounts thru the draw-bar of your hitch and extends the ball out another 3". Reese at the time sold one that did the same thing "BUT" extended the ball out maybe 8-10" which could cause the trailer to sway more. The brand we bought is called "OSI" and comes in a 3 or a 4 bike setup. We used ours for 6 years with our pop-up and when we moved up to a Aerolite Cub hybrid last year I mounted a hitch to the new trailers back bumper and now put the bikes (3) there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What other ways have any of you guys found to customize or accesorize your popups to make life easier? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have a pop-up[ with a front storage trunk I kept one of those rubbermaid tubs with a lid to keep small stuff in like: lantern, small shovel, axe, hammer, wood wedge, tent awning stakes, patio lights, tire pump, small tool box, duck tape, bundgy cords, rope, wiping off towels. I would just pull this box out before raising the trailer and keep it next to the frame because most of the things were needed over a weekend.

IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote