Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Pop Up, Tent Trailer and Teardrop Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2007, 02:48 PM   #1

Looking for a single slide popup. I know of starcraft 1404 but are there others? Thanks in advance.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2007, 03:52 AM   #2

Welcome!

I believe Fleetwood makes one. It is either the Scorpion or the Cobalt, but I am not sure right off the top of my head. I am in a hurry right now but will research it later today and let you know. Their website is fleetwoodrv.com .

Hope you find what you are looking for.

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #3

Thanks for the feedback. I looked at the website and Fleetwood has a single slide but no options for sink, fridge and stove. It looks nice though.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:12 AM   #4

Sorry I wasn't more helpful. Our popup was a fleetwood, so those are the first ones that come to mind for me.

Jayco 1202 Can have fridge, but no sink or stove.

I went to the viking website, but they have none. Starcraft didn't have the 1404 listed under the current year either.

There was someone else who wanted one with only the one slide but was advised that 2 beds would be better in the long run as the 2nd slide out bed could be used for storage. I am sure you know how limited storage is in a popup. We would sleep in the beds at night, but during the day have to transfer our suitcases and such to the beds so we would have room in the camper. If we had an extra bed, it would have come in handy to store our stuff in.

If you definitely want just the one slide out bed and want a kitchen, you may just stick with the starcraft as the sinlge beds are hard to find.

Good luck finding just the right camper for you.

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:59 AM   #5

I forgot to put the date. The 1404 was for 2002. Seems to be a limited type (single bed slide) for any manufacturer. I know the double slide is geared toward families, kids, budget and so on. I hate to say it but, been there, done that. Now it's just the wife, the dog and me. So, trying to find a single that we like is hard.

Thanks for your assistance. If you come across anthing let me know.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:47 AM   #6

You do see them on occasion on E-Bay but they are getting hard to find. I was looking for one for my son. However, have you looked at the A-Liner? Very easy to set up and just enough room for you, wife and the pooch. We have one ordered for the kid. They are very nice.
A-Liner

2003 GMC Senoma, 4 door, Sport/Towing Package-$20,000
Starcraft Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:55 AM   #7

Thanks Starcraft Dad, My DW and I looked at the Aliner at the local RV show. She didn't like it. According to her there was too much lifting involved.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:20 AM   #8

I looked hard at the 1404 before I bought my Flagstaff... DW liked the Built in Shower...still think I might remove the front bunk, tenting and all... just put a plain window and tent material on the front> Why?? because you cant pop up without unhooking your tow vehicle..
Old 04-27-2007, 06:59 AM   #9

Medorg, if you figure a way to remove/alter one bunk end let me know.
Thanks...
Old 04-29-2007, 04:57 PM   #10

I looked at it today... I think I may just change the whole front section...tent/bed/fittings to the rear..but the zips are backwards...then need to fill in the front hole.... maybe a job for a long time into the future..but will advise... have put a wire frame shelf over the front bed...if anyone copies...be sure and dont over-drill the vertical pipe frame..hole will weaken the whole end section..
Old 04-30-2007, 10:51 AM   #11

If I can't find a single slide bed to alter a double by removing the rear bed and canvas and use velcro or snaps and create matching canvas(with window) to box the end.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:26 AM   #12

If it is so important, I would look for the Starcraft 1404 even it it is a 2002 year model..they are well made and if the interior is looked after, I would be tempted at a used one. Google Starcraft 1404...look for dealers too..
Old 05-13-2007, 08:29 AM   #13

I'm going to keep looking. Not many of them made but ya never know may run across one.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:36 PM   #14

Viking made a small one
srds is offline   Reply With Quote