Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Pop Up, Tent Trailer and Teardrop Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #1

Anyone convert from a pop up camper to "pop up concession"?

So, I have a 1989 Polomino Colt, which I have a thread on here when I bought it and fixed it up.. Love it, and me and the better half use it all the time.

So today I saw an older pop up camper on craigslist missing a bed and some of the canvas, and I got to thinking. I am part of a car club which is a non-profit organization, we also have a side project selling merch to help fund our charity car show. I thought it would be pretty cool to get it, clean it up, tear out all the canvas, and convert it to a pop up concession trailer that we could sell our merch out of, along with hang flyers, promote our car show and store items for car shows...

Anyone do such a thing? I know I've seen lemonade stands at fairs that have done it... Just thinking of ideas.... Now to find a donor...

xJoey Dubsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2013, 12:48 AM   #2

1988 not 1989...

xJoey Dubsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #3

The closest to this I've seen is one someone converted into a portable pig roast pit. The owner had added a spit to hold the pig when the top went up, and by adjusting the height, he could adjust the heat applied. He reinforced the bottom area of the camper and lined the ceiling with some metal to handle the heat. What an attention getter!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #4

That sounds like a really cool idea.

The first thing that occurred to me...

If the canvas is in decent shape, I would keep the front or back panel in place as a break for the wind/weather. If you're passing out flyers and/or other light items, on a windy day it might just keep it all from blowing around the car show.