Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Pop Up, Tent Trailer and Teardrop Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:00 PM   #1

bathroom stuff

Hi folks, I am finally retired and still thinking about doing some traveling. I have looked at pretty much all types of campers. I keep coming back to pop ups for the normal reasons. Cost, storage, ease of towing. The one issue I do have is bathroom facilities. I know some come with bath shower set ups and I have talked with other users that have a porta pottie. I have also considered the outside shower tent.

The wife and I are of the age that a middle of the night journey is a reality. Anyone out there with ideas/advice?
Bob

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2016, 05:27 PM   #2

It depends on what you want to do. There are both pull behinds and small C's or B's that will give you space to camp out of with a bathroom that will handle middle of the night and emergency runs. If you want to live in it part time go bigger. Tell us more and you will get better advice.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:44 PM   #3

Bathroom stuff

Hi, I think we are looking at being out a couple of weeks at a time. Nothing too long. I don't want to go too big if we go pop up or we might as well go an enclosed trailer. Just looking at options. I have looked at Rpods and Scamps also.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:49 PM   #4

If what you want to do is go park some place a small trailer and P/U with a cap or 3/4 ton van would give you some nice options. If you want to travel and eat out a small B van would work. It really comes down to the style of camping and how much tow vehicle you are willing to mess with. That and $.
Old 08-06-2016, 02:21 PM   #5

Some of the bigger pop-ups have curtained bathrooms and the high sides have a dedicated hard sided potty room. We had a 28 ft. trailer and loved being places in it, but hated it on the road. We have a little pop up now easy to tow and you can see behind you.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:34 PM   #6

My father camped with me in my pop-up post retirement age and he had a hospital style "pee bottle" - I don't know what else to call it- that was just emptied in the morning.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:58 PM   #7

The PUP's with a shower curtain are really messy to use as the water leaks past the curtain, however one with a cassette toilet are easy, you just open a side door and pull the tank out, then empty it in the CG holding tank (or toilet of allowed) we have since (after years of PUP's gone with a small Coleman Lantern CTS 16 FB, it is small, has a dedicated bathroom, queen bed and is dry, (no canvass) has a furnace, Ac etc. and is perfect for us two and our three Chihuahuas and has a couch thingy that makes a bed for company to sleep or to watch TV. etc. good thing is set up and breakdown times are shorter and easier.