RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Pop Up, Tent Trailer and Teardrop Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:55 PM   #1

Closing up pop up before it is dry

Purchased used pop up late last summer. Thinking of taking a road trip this summer, camping and moving on most days. If the pop up is still wet from rain, will it be okay to close up and go on down the road. Worried about mold etc. Or must pop up be completely dry before closing up?

solo camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2018, 07:16 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You can cloae it up wet, happens all the time. At the end of the trip open it up for a few days or until it dries out.

We run our rooms in with slide out covers when they are wet and then open them when the weather is dry.

Don't know where I'm going, spose I'll get there anyway.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:39 AM   #3

Yeah, opening up or closing down when wet is not fun. Even less fun is doing that when actually raining. Worst is when it is a thunderstorm at night! Watched my father do that while mom and I were safe in the Country Squire. Dad was NOT a happy camper that night. A few days later dry as a bone. The camper, that is. Dadís shoes were soggy for a week or more!
Old 04-10-2018, 06:40 AM   #4

One thing I thought of the first time I packed up wet. "I'm putting wet canvas on my bed!" So for 20+ years I have kept cheap, thin plastic "tarps" from the painting dept of store in PUP. I can't fold them as small as new, and they tear easy so replace after use. But if the tent is wet I cover the bunks before I pack up. When I get home, I have to set up to dry tent, but if moving site to site I have a dry bed...
ScoobyDoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:04 AM   #5

It seemed to me when my family used to camp in a pop-up it was always raining either when putting it up or taking it down!
Bigd9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:35 PM   #6

Camping causes it to rain.

Don't know why but agree, sometimes multiple times a day.
tuffr2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:39 AM   #7

No problem while travelling.

Jima5813 is offline   Reply With Quote