Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Pop Up, Tent Trailer and Teardrop Topics
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
Coleman Pop Up Door Lost Key

We have a 2004 Coleman Carmel pop up and lost the door key. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? Anyone in Houston have one that would be willing to try their key and allow me to make a duplicate?

Thanks for any help!

Chet and Sandra
2008 Monaco Camelot 42PDQ
2004 Grand Cherokee
StuckySB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
Can you get the door out? Simply take it to a lock smith and have them re-key it for you. If not call a mobile lock smith and have them unlock and them re-key it for you.

Don and Lorri
2007 Dodge 3500 dually
Resident Dummy.
450Donn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
X2 That what I did with my TT a couple of years ago. About $20 to rekey it.
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS
1997 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
Coleman Keys

Thanks for the suggestions.

I called Toppers Camping Center where I bought it in 2005 and they had replacement keys! Luckily they are just outside of Houston where we live. Drove out today and got the key!

They told me that Coleman campers closed shop about a year ago.
Chet and Sandra
2008 Monaco Camelot 42PDQ
2004 Grand Cherokee
StuckySB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are locksmiths and "key places"

A key place.. Can not help you.

A locksmith, can open the door, remove the lock, cut you a brand new key.

Heck.. He may even be able to do it given just some numbers he can nab either off the lock or the VIN of the trailer. (Though VIN is doubtful on that kind of vehicle)

True story: Had a man lock his keys in his chevy pick up... No spare.. Took him to a dealer, handed the dealer his driver's license, registration, 20 dollars, and sat back.. A few minutes later the dealer handed him back his paperwork (only the twenty had turned into two singles) and a brand new key. Just like that. They made it while we watched.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #6
iRV2 No Limits Club
The vast majority of RV locks are made by Fastec and there are 50 keys all you need is the lock number HF 301 to HF 351 and request the key from Products
There are only a couple of other manufacturers, much less common and you can search the letter number code on the lock cylinder and find the source.

Shadowcatche is offline   Reply With Quote