Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2005, 04:59 PM   #1

Well, after a bit more research, I don't think the Rockwood HW will work for us. GVW is almost 400lbs past our tow capacity.

So now, we are considering either the Starcraft or Jayco HW campers. We really like the High Wall design becasue of the added amenities and the added roof clearance (I am 6'04"). Both the Jayco and Starcraft would be within our tow capacity. Does anyone here have experience with either one or opinions on these manufactuers? Any and all info would be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Tyler (son, 10), Emilee (Daughter, 8), Matthew (Son, 4)
syoungblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2005, 04:59 PM   #2

Well, after a bit more research, I don't think the Rockwood HW will work for us. GVW is almost 400lbs past our tow capacity.

So now, we are considering either the Starcraft or Jayco HW campers. We really like the High Wall design becasue of the added amenities and the added roof clearance (I am 6'04"). Both the Jayco and Starcraft would be within our tow capacity. Does anyone here have experience with either one or opinions on these manufactuers? Any and all info would be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Tyler (son, 10), Emilee (Daughter, 8), Matthew (Son, 4)
syoungblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 03:13 PM   #3

They are owned by the same company.
Both are fine units.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:33 PM   #4

Although Jayco and Starcraft share common ownership, they are two different animals. Each is run separate from the other which means no "cookie-cutter", re-badged trailers...as with Rockwood/Flagstaff or Viking/Coachmen.

My first trailer was a '76 Starcraft Starmaster 8. Good, solid trailer.

At the last RV show we attended, we got a chance to check out the new Centennial 3606. From what I could see, it looked like a quality built rig.
Between Trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 06:41 AM   #5

I am selling my 2000 starcraft spacemaster and is a great camper. now own a 2005 Starcraft Centeniel 2608 and seem to to ge a good trailer except it needed some work on it when i bought it. the canopy was torn, shower valve was upside down and a few little things. but still a good trailer. I have towed my 2000 spacemaster all over with my toyota sienna with no problems untill i bought new tires then got a sway problem i could not fix.
Good luck with the one that you pick.
happy camping
Tom
Tom T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:11 PM   #6

I have looked at the Starcraft 2005 Centennial 3606 as well as two by Fleetwood in the Highlander series...the Sequoia and the Newport. I like the Newport floor plan better but have found no close dealers that stock it.
lightkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 04:42 AM   #7

I too have been shopping for a pop-up. It would be fascinating if it wasn't spoiled by bad dealers or dealers who don't know their product or who can't make valid comparisons. Worse than car salespeople. Found one good Viking dealer and she is probably going to get my business. Jayco dealer doesn't know diddly about other pop-ups! Fleetwood dealer will NEVER get my business! But with el-cheapo chipboard beds and only a 10 gallon water tank . . . who cares! Looked at a Forest River - really liked it, but dealer is going to stop carrying pop-ups! Geeze! So . . . after a trip out-of-town to look at a Forest River, we will probably go out of town again to get a Viking. Too bad I can't buy locally. How come Jayco and Viking and Forest River don't have standard brakes? Oh well . . . it's only money!
kiara is offline   Reply With Quote