Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Pop Up, Tent Trailer and Teardrop Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2005, 03:16 PM   #1

Hi guy's I'm a newbie to the forum. I started looking for TT lites and found out that TT's no matter how lite they are have BIG wind drag due to the height, and yet inside the ceiling they are so low, I'm 6' tall and in the showers I had very little to no head clearence to shower I found this in most of them NO HEAD ROOM AT ALL. So I made The 2005 Higlander Niagara my choice, plenty of head room, all the amenities, plenty of counter space, and all the appliances. The shower space is AWESOME and the hard walls bathroom make your moment very private. The entire trailer is very simple to handle and ease to pull, only one concern was left " <span class="ev_code_RED">The gray and black water disposal, the cassette, the trips to the dump station for the shower and sink waisted waters, the smells of cassette deodorant mix with..." </span> It is so many great plumbing modifications in popup's out there, I was wondering why all of them stop after all that work in a bucket, still dumping the water to a BUCKET?? After some thoughts and some modifications the problem is fixed!! With the flip of a switch I have my black water flushed directly into the sewer and with self water lever sensors in my gray water tank(installed under the popup) dumps directly into the sewer both thru a garden hose, how far is the sewage? just ad some more hose. We Can shower without any worries, and for the moisture problem with the bathroom and curtain, is fixed with just blowing 10 minutes inside the bathroom with the portable fans that come from factory with the popup, the toilet, well it's just like being at home after the modification, no stinky blue poop water smell, just flush every time you go , it is hard to believe that we still acumulate the black water tank and walk all day long dumping gray water?? GET DIRECT TO THE SEWER LIKE THE BIG BOY'S!!. Here I'm showing some pic's of my solution, a 20 galons grey water tank with self evacuation pump installed under the popup and full hookup to sewer, a separate pump to evacuate the black waters and if I decide to go dry camping, still I can use the full set up as it came from the factory, I can add a cap for the universal union to use the black water cassette as it was designed to be used, or dump to a 30 gallons tank in my car if I go dry or no sewer camp with a pump to transport it comfortably to the dump station with another portable water pump( but almost all the camp grounds have sewer, unless you go in the wood's). Camping time is to be enjoyed not to be dumpintg water or smelling ...POOP? Besides the fact that I enjoy comfort my motivation was reading the forums and complaints of the smell of blue poop water I never liked the porta potty experience, POOP pudding isn't my favorite. My Pop now is like one of those million dollars buses.

2005 Pontiac Aztek
2005 Fleetwood Niagara W/Full hoockup

http://www.msnusers.com/raul33324/camping.msnw?Page=1

Raul33141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2005, 03:16 PM   #2

Hi guy's I'm a newbie to the forum. I started looking for TT lites and found out that TT's no matter how lite they are have BIG wind drag due to the height, and yet inside the ceiling they are so low, I'm 6' tall and in the showers I had very little to no head clearence to shower I found this in most of them NO HEAD ROOM AT ALL. So I made The 2005 Higlander Niagara my choice, plenty of head room, all the amenities, plenty of counter space, and all the appliances. The shower space is AWESOME and the hard walls bathroom make your moment very private. The entire trailer is very simple to handle and ease to pull, only one concern was left " <span class="ev_code_RED">The gray and black water disposal, the cassette, the trips to the dump station for the shower and sink waisted waters, the smells of cassette deodorant mix with..." </span> It is so many great plumbing modifications in popup's out there, I was wondering why all of them stop after all that work in a bucket, still dumping the water to a BUCKET?? After some thoughts and some modifications the problem is fixed!! With the flip of a switch I have my black water flushed directly into the sewer and with self water lever sensors in my gray water tank(installed under the popup) dumps directly into the sewer both thru a garden hose, how far is the sewage? just ad some more hose. We Can shower without any worries, and for the moisture problem with the bathroom and curtain, is fixed with just blowing 10 minutes inside the bathroom with the portable fans that come from factory with the popup, the toilet, well it's just like being at home after the modification, no stinky blue poop water smell, just flush every time you go , it is hard to believe that we still acumulate the black water tank and walk all day long dumping gray water?? GET DIRECT TO THE SEWER LIKE THE BIG BOY'S!!. Here I'm showing some pic's of my solution, a 20 galons grey water tank with self evacuation pump installed under the popup and full hookup to sewer, a separate pump to evacuate the black waters and if I decide to go dry camping, still I can use the full set up as it came from the factory, I can add a cap for the universal union to use the black water cassette as it was designed to be used, or dump to a 30 gallons tank in my car if I go dry or no sewer camp with a pump to transport it comfortably to the dump station with another portable water pump( but almost all the camp grounds have sewer, unless you go in the wood's). Camping time is to be enjoyed not to be dumpintg water or smelling ...POOP? Besides the fact that I enjoy comfort my motivation was reading the forums and complaints of the smell of blue poop water I never liked the porta potty experience, POOP pudding isn't my favorite. My Pop now is like one of those million dollars buses.

2005 Pontiac Aztek
2005 Fleetwood Niagara W/Full hoockup

http://www.msnusers.com/raul33324/camping.msnw?Page=1

Old 01-19-2005, 05:56 PM   #3
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Howdy and Welcome to IRV2

Sounds like you have it all set like you need it. Your mods will be helpful to others , and set them on the right track.

Have a great day.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:56 PM   #4

Hey Raul...

I am new to this too and I was wondering if you have any clogging issues using a garden hose?

Thanks
gptnd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 06:38 PM   #5

No not at all it drains so fast that I have to put some more water to finish with a good rinse, after I stop the pump just level at least 1/4 of the tank to get rady for the next cicle
Old 05-31-2007, 12:04 PM   #6

can you please send me some pictures and information on your cassete toilet converstion on the 2005 fleetwood niagara. I have one and would like to have a direct hookup. I just went camping for 5 days with my wife and 3 kids. Trips to the dump are not fun.
davekach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #7

Are those pictures still available? I'm picking up a 2005 Niagara next week and would like to make this modification.
Lumsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #8

LA Gulf Coast Campers
I agree! I'd like to see those pictures and get info on that conversion as well.
StepheNancy is offline   Reply With Quote