Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Pop Up Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2008, 09:03 AM   #1

I have 1994 Jayco pop up with a furnace. It's a Carson Model CP-10FK-2 which has a switch for conv/ off/ Batt. I have tried to get the battery portion to work with the furnace but the the furnace will not ignite through battery. It is a Hydroflame Corp furnace and a Carson Corp converter. I saw past post's where Carson sold out. I obviously don't have a clue. There is no battery/12 volt hook up that I can find; other than through the taillight system. The Jayco has a 6 prong connection that goes to the 4 prong to plug into the vehicle. A manual would be nice but used pop ups usually find a way to lose them. Thanks for any help. If anyone has a manual, I would appreciate a copy. my e-mail is rewalk723@gmail.com.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2008, 09:03 AM   #2

I have 1994 Jayco pop up with a furnace. It's a Carson Model CP-10FK-2 which has a switch for conv/ off/ Batt. I have tried to get the battery portion to work with the furnace but the the furnace will not ignite through battery. It is a Hydroflame Corp furnace and a Carson Corp converter. I saw past post's where Carson sold out. I obviously don't have a clue. There is no battery/12 volt hook up that I can find; other than through the taillight system. The Jayco has a 6 prong connection that goes to the 4 prong to plug into the vehicle. A manual would be nice but used pop ups usually find a way to lose them. Thanks for any help. If anyone has a manual, I would appreciate a copy. my e-mail is rewalk723@gmail.com.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:22 AM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Monaco Owners Club
Check to make sure your battery is fully charged. the furnace will not light if the battery is low/weak. It's a safety measure.
2013 Polaris RZR 800 LE
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:59 PM   #4
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Howdy and Welcome to IRV2

Jayco is a great company, have you tried to contact them and see if they would send you the wiring diagram for your unit, give them the model and sn# and they should be able to help if no one responds. Let us know.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #5

I have the same converter and I think it has gone bad. GFCI tripping constantly and that nice hum. I am trying to find a replacement but I don't have a clue.

Jeff
Old 03-21-2009, 06:08 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jeff

First and foremost, welcome to iRV2.com. We hope you continue to visit with us and share your experiences.

You do not necessarily have to use the same converter. You can use any brand as long as it is the same amperage.
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:07 PM   #7

There are converter parts compaies out there selling replacements parts. I'd stick with what came with the unit- before changine to an unknown style of converter-- Can you say wiring horrors.

I seem to remember BR Wholesale in Michigan or Mastertechs in FLA selling converter parts.

Good luck

Parts Manager
Partsmgr is offline   Reply With Quote