Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Pop Up, Tent Trailer and Teardrop Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-26-2005, 03:43 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
We bought a new Aero-lite Cub trailer and was wondering when is the best time for selling my pop-up. I listed it in the paper this week and only received a few calls. Here in NE Ohio spring hasn't spung yet. Its been kind of cold here the last month. I wonder if I should hold off till maybe early May or something. We are going to pick up our new trailer next week and hopefully the weather warms up a bit to do a "break-out" trip next weekend. I knew last fall we would either new trailer for 05' so I listed it in Irv2's classified section.

IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2005, 03:43 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
We bought a new Aero-lite Cub trailer and was wondering when is the best time for selling my pop-up. I listed it in the paper this week and only received a few calls. Here in NE Ohio spring hasn't spung yet. Its been kind of cold here the last month. I wonder if I should hold off till maybe early May or something. We are going to pick up our new trailer next week and hopefully the weather warms up a bit to do a "break-out" trip next weekend. I knew last fall we would either new trailer for 05' so I listed it in Irv2's classified section.

Old 03-27-2005, 06:03 AM   #3

Hi
This is the right time just be patient.As the weather warms so will the interest especially once the kids are getting out of school.Good luck.

2000 Fleetwood Bounder 34 Class A
fishncamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 04:33 PM   #4

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to George Miklas
Slif, Personal experience here.....pay the "run until it sells" fee for RVTraderOnline and forget your local news papers. When selling our motor home, I wasted well over $50.00 in local news papers.

George
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 10:44 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
But thats also a big 10-4 on the George suggestion of the RvTraderOnline. I'll betcha there are a couple different online sellers, I sold one of my RV's on that one with that 'run until it sells' plan.
The online seller is a large umbrella of a number of different groups of vehicles being sold, all run a bit differently. I had good luck and polite service for the RV area but less luck and less service when I posted my sandrail on their ATV area.
It is a good exposure area though.

(Nothing but polite assistance when you post it on THIS site. )
Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 05:47 AM   #6

Right now is the right time! People are getting their tax refunds and will likely be willing to spend it...especially if they want a pop up for the upcoming camping season.

My experience with selling my pop up on eBayŽ was incredible. Turned into an all-out bidding war toward the end. And mine was an old mid-70's Starcraft...no frills. Got hundreds more for it than it was probably worth.
Between Trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:42 PM   #7

Yes indeed NOW is the time I put mine on a cosignment lot just today and when I talked with the lot owner on last saturday he was hot to get it on his lot as he has already had a ton of calls looking for popups and he had everything but popups on his lot It wont cost me a thing to sell it at his lot He will keep whatever he can cat over our preconsigned price A win win deal I hope

2006 30 ft Cherokee TT
j2detoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 05:42 AM   #8

I've heard people do studies on this issue because MCs owners have the same problem.

From my perspective. I just bought a used PU in early March. Why? I knew that by buying it in the off season I would get a better deal (by doing this I saved around $500-1000).

Now, if I were to sell it I would wait until late April or May. This way I could get top dollar for it, since it's the beginning of the camping season.

The big ??s are. Is it paid off or is it a burden? Do you have the space for it? If the answers are, It is not a burden on my wallet and you do have room for it, I would post it in the Tradin Post now, if I wanted top dollar I would wait about 2 weeks. Everyone wants to go camping when school lets out.

96 Honda VFR750
Zeppi-popout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:49 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Thanx, The 2nd person who came to look at it offered me a fair price. We bought it new in 99' and camped in it about 200+ night. So it was one of those investments that I would say we got our monies worth. I figured it out and we lost only about 2k over those 6 years of camping. I would recommend a Coleman PU to anyone in the market. Things just seemed fit very well and hold up.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:20 PM   #10

Just a quick update about having my popup forsale at a consignment lot. It sold i 2weeks and I receaved my agreed upon guarenteed price .I tried selling it all last summer and had quite a few bites but no buyers

2006 30 ft Cherokee TT
j2detoit is offline   Reply With Quote