Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #1

Does anyone have any experience with the new sealand vaccuum toilet systems? Our 36D has the two bathrooms and the central vaccuum pump/booster tank system. It has started to cycle continuosly and I can't seem to find the leak. I can hear it bleeding off under the coach near the pump, but have tightened all of the hoses I can get to and it still won't hold vacuum. It isn't leaking in the bowls, that is common but not the case here. I have about decided it is the pump itself, although I cannot tell if that is where the air is getting into the system. If anybody has any Ideas before I spend a fortune and three days at a dealer, I would appreciate it!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #2

Does anyone have any experience with the new sealand vaccuum toilet systems? Our 36D has the two bathrooms and the central vaccuum pump/booster tank system. It has started to cycle continuosly and I can't seem to find the leak. I can hear it bleeding off under the coach near the pump, but have tightened all of the hoses I can get to and it still won't hold vacuum. It isn't leaking in the bowls, that is common but not the case here. I have about decided it is the pump itself, although I cannot tell if that is where the air is getting into the system. If anybody has any Ideas before I spend a fortune and three days at a dealer, I would appreciate it!

Old 01-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Sealand has a vacuum tester for this problem - you can order it form them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Dometic has developed a simple tool to assist in identifying the location of vacuum leaks. The vacuum tester consists of a vacuum gauge and a cone-shaped plug. Inserting the plug in the inlet of the vacuum tank or generator isolates the toilet from the system. In this way a troublesome leak can easily be located in either system.
Order only the Vacuum Tester (Part Number 530002) or as part of the complete system maintenance
kit (Part Number 310228). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See it at Sealand vacuum toilet manual

Don't know if it would do any good to contact Sealand Customer Service but the contact info is here:
http://www.sealandtechnology.com/contact.asp
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply. I seen the tester in the manual, guess that is what I need to do next to at least isolate the leak. for that matter, as bad as it is leaking down, I can probably just disconnect the inlet from the tank and plug it to see if the leak is in the outlet side. It sounds like that is where it is. If the leak is in the inlet/toilet side, it will be harder to isolate on this one because there are two toilets and they are plumbed together ahead of the vacuum tank. Oh well, troubleshooting rv problems is never simple. I may try to call sealand on the odd chance someone would answer that knows more than I do. Thanks for your help, It is greatly appreciated!