Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2009, 01:21 PM   #1

08 Monaco Electric Windshield Shade

I have a 2008 Monaco Knight with 2 electric sun screens in the front. The passenger side has a problem. When I go to lower it it will only come down about an inch or so and stops. I push the button again and the same thing happens. This happens with the passenger button or the button I have on the dash on the drivers side. When I push the button to raise it it comes up in one pop without an issue.

Not sure of the brand. The shades are black with metal arms raising and lowering them.

Anyone got an idea what is going on?

Steve__
bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2009, 04:31 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
If you do not think it is a lubrication issue, and I would not think so on a newer coach, proceed with the following.
The shade motor voltage is reversed for the direction you want the shade to move. The problem could be at the switches, depending on how they were wired but most likely the problem is going to be a the shade end. If you can access the two wires feeding the shade motor, reverse the wiring and try operating the shade. If the shade now will drop down without a problem and is problematic rolling up you will have a connection issue prior to the shade. Let us know what you find.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:28 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Most shades have an adjustable "limit" setting for both the down-most position and the up-most position. I wonder if re-setting the down limit would affect the problem? You will have to have the manual for the shades to get the procedure to re-set them. The manual should have come with the coach, or also normally can be downloaded if you know the mfg name.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:42 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Wingtraveler
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdomino View Post
I have a 2008 Monaco Knight with 2 electric sun screens in the front. The passenger side has a problem. When I go to lower it it will only come down about an inch or so and stops. I push the button again and the same thing happens. This happens with the passenger button or the button I have on the dash on the drivers side. When I push the button to raise it it comes up in one pop without an issue.

Not sure of the brand. The shades are black with metal arms raising and lowering them.

Anyone got an idea what is going on?

Steve__
I had the same problem with my drivers side (24"), there was no lower limit on the shade it just stopped working, 3 months over the warranty. Now I have the 60" shade laying under our bed as I installed MCD's. Will find a home for it someday.

The MCD's though do have adjustable stops.
Wingtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
MCD?
CaptPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Wingtraveler
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPat View Post
MCD?