Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2014, 05:12 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
I realize that financing 100% of an RV purchase is probably not sound financial logic. However, in you folks' experience, which company is the best to work with vis-à-vis 100% financing? My wife and I have great credit and are USAA members so I have them on my list (has anyone 100% financed through USAA? What was the experience like?) but are there others out there?
TandCplusRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2014, 05:22 AM   #2
laj

personally I would never finance and pay interest on a depreciating toy. soon as you drive an Rv off a lot your already upside down in it, don't need interest on top of that.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:26 AM   #3

Yes, I financed our first rig 100% used USAA it was a snap. I told them the amount they overnighted a check and away we went.
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:47 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
personally I would never finance and pay interest on a depreciating toy. soon as you drive an Rv off a lot your already upside down in it, don't need interest on top of that.
Yes we all know that and most of us are not rich like some and choose to spend or borrow our children,s inheritance,when we drove out of the lot in Katy,I ask the wife how much did she think the MH was worth and she said I guess what we just paid.I told her at this time I considered it worth $0,cause it would depreciate and I didn't know when or if we would ever get rid of the $ Pit,but she alway's wanted one and worked hard as a RN for 42 year's and the only way I could justify a play Toy was to consider it $0 at that time,friend's you can't take the Bank with you and if Financing is your only way then enjoy.
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:26 AM   #5

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I used USAA for my house and cars and they are great to deal with. You may get a slightly better interest rate someplace else but USAA does great by its members.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HerbZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:40 AM   #6

Thoughts on financing

Hello RV'ers

My opinion is that if you expect a greater return on your investments than the rate of financing; Go as high a percentage as your comfortable. I can get 240 months at 3.99%APR; I feel that my investments can do better in the long run!

JohnnyB
brunsje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:05 AM   #7

We did 100% thru USAA last week for our TT. The process was super simple, just called them from the dealership and they sent the check overnight.
Fuzzy ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:20 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
If you are full time then USAA will NOT finance it. They would not even discuss financing with Thom after they found out that we have no other address but the RV.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:30 AM   #9

We used USAA twice and they were easy to work with. I remember them asking about the sticks and bricks address, so I suppose there is a problem with financing full timers. Wish they had insurance for the RV's.
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:35 AM   #10
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOL View Post

Yes we all know that and most of us are not rich like some and choose to spend or borrow our children,s inheritance,when we drove out of the lot in Katy,I ask the wife how much did she think the MH was worth and she said I guess what we just paid.I told her at this time I considered it worth $0,cause it would depreciate and I didn't know when or if we would ever get rid of the $ Pit,but she alway's wanted one and worked hard as a RN for 42 year's and the only way I could justify a play Toy was to consider it $0 at that time,friend's you can't take the Bank with you and if Financing is your only way then enjoy.
I just hate to see people lose money they didn't expect to, wind up having to sell and wondering how it could have happened not figuring everything in at the onset.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:04 AM   #11

USAA Insurance

USAA used Progressive. I am deciding whether to use Progressive via USAA or Blue Sky.

JohnnyB
brunsje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:20 AM   #12
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
If you have a sticks and bricks home, take out a home equity loan. The loan rate will probably be lower, and you will be able to write off the interest.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #13

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TandCplusRV View Post
I realize that financing 100% of an RV purchase is probably not sound financial logic. However, in you folks' experience, which company is the best to work with vis-à-vis 100% financing? My wife and I have great credit and are USAA members so I have them on my list (has anyone 100% financed through USAA? What was the experience like?) but are there others out there?
Note I am not a financial wizard or work in that business, but what exactly is "not financial logic" as far as the purchaser is concerned? The way I see it, it is not sound for the lender and it is a great benefit to the borrower. Since you are not putting any of your own capital into the purchase, you are not losing anything except your monthly payments.

Is there something I am missing here?
MoeBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:58 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunsje View Post
USAA used Progressive. I am deciding whether to use Progressive via USAA or Blue Sky. JohnnyB
I have used Progressive through USAA they have been great. I had a substantial not at fault claim last year and they took care of everything no questions asked.
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote