Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2008, 06:02 AM   #1

I have a 2000 National Seaview model 8341, I am having a problem with my 12 volt system for the motorhome not chasis, when i am connect to shore power , every thing but the jacks work, but when just running the chassis nothing runs, like the fridge, lights ,etc. My manual says there is a reset lever for the jacks and 12 volt system, and on my panel in the front passenger compartment underneath, there is printed where all the fuses are that the reset lever is located under the generator and jacks pump, but i can not find any reset lever, of course National is bankrupt so no help line, can anyone help?
thebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2008, 06:02 AM   #2

I have a 2000 National Seaview model 8341, I am having a problem with my 12 volt system for the motorhome not chasis, when i am connect to shore power , every thing but the jacks work, but when just running the chassis nothing runs, like the fridge, lights ,etc. My manual says there is a reset lever for the jacks and 12 volt system, and on my panel in the front passenger compartment underneath, there is printed where all the fuses are that the reset lever is located under the generator and jacks pump, but i can not find any reset lever, of course National is bankrupt so no help line, can anyone help?
thebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:16 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Check the battery disonnect switch if you have one that it is turned on. Check, tighten and clean battery connections on coach battery.
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:45 AM   #4

1. Do you have your parking brake set? The jacks won't work unless the parking brake is set.
2. Sounds like your Coach batteries may be discharged or disconnected. Have you checked the disconnect switches. While plugged into land power your converter will supply the 12V power without the batteries.
JerryForwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:05 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
On our 2005, the jacks work on the chassis battery.

As said above, check that you are getting power to your DC panel. Ours have a red light when the coach batteries are turned on.

There probably is a 150 amp fuse in the system some place - that is a last resort. It is a large fuse and will have a full size battery wire running in and out of it.

Are you on a Ford chassis? For further help, send PM or EM and I'll contact you directly.
Blue Ribbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:06 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I forgot - you'd probably getter better feed-back if you posted on the National RV Owners portion down a ways.
Blue Ribbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Hi thebear,
Welcome to iRV2. You've been given some great ideas and things to check. Please report back your progress and any additional information you can provide.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

No 12v available when off shore power indicates that your house batteries are dead or disconnected. It is also possible the jacks are hard wired to the house batteries, though it is more common the wire them to the chassis batteries.

First check the house battery disconnect switch. Next, there should be a big inline fuse on the house battery output side - it cold be blown.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:22 AM   #9

It sounds like your house batteries are disconnected. I have a 06 Seabreeze and if I have the house batteries disconnected with the switch my jack pad lights come on but nothing will work. Maybe you have a faulty switch!

Thanks,
John
JohnM. is offline   Reply With Quote