Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #1
Thor Owners Club
12v outage

This past weekend I took the RV out for a stretch to make sure everything was still functioning as it was last fall. I got to my BIL's yacht club and plugged in using a converter plug. Everything seemed fine, my Surge Guard did not detect any problems and we kicked on the electric heaters. At some point the lights in the BR flashed about 4 times. About an hour later a circuit popped . I turned down the heaters and reset the circuit. There were no more apparent problems after that. The next morning I noticed the front electric heater was not putting out as much heat as the rear but it was time to go anyway. After bringing the sides in and shutting everything down I went out and disconnected from shore power. I came back inside and that is when I noticed things were not working with the 12v electric (like the slides would not slide, the tank levels would not light up and the lights did not work) so I started looking for anything that may have come loose and checked all the fuses. I couldn't find anything that looked out of place or blown. When I got home I traced the power and found a little relay under the bed close to the fuse panel box and pressed a little black button that ended up being a reset button! Short story long I was relieved nothing major had happened and wanted to share just-in-case someone may not know where to look for such a reset button. None of my manuals told me about this one! See attached picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12vResetButton.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	57691  

MacQude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2014, 04:29 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club
Dennis....it's always helpful when someone can find a circuit breaker like you did and share it with others, but.....we have no idea what year, make or model of RV you have. You need to add it to your profile or start your thread with what it is.

All RV's are different and it that circuit breaker will generally apply only to your model.

Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good info Thanks I agree with Don coach type would really help
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #4
Newmar Owners Club
The OP is a member of the Thor Owners club. One could assume the post is about a Thor product.
(Mod Edit)
I agree year, make, model, etc. would be helpful to readers.
2005 Newmar KSDP 3910 + GMC ENVOY XUV 37K lbs Moving Down The Road
The Avatar Is Many Times Around The USA
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #5
Thor Owners Club
Sorry, I have a class C 2013 Thor Four Winds 31A bunkhouse. The breaker/relay is under the bed. I actually thought it was a plastic release so I could pop the relay out to replace it but when I pressed it I heard everything switch on! I was so happy that I did not have to take it in for repairs!
MacQude is offline   Reply With Quote