Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-24-2016, 02:39 PM   #1
1994 Bounder Bay Door Latch Replacement

Have been getting the good old Bounder 34H out of the winter mode and into the 2016 user mode. Many of the bay door latches were inop. I bought 10 replacement latches to get started. If you have ever replaced a bay latch it can be a very arduous task. I have been working most of the day and have replaced 9 latches.
On my model you have to remove the outer trim around the bay door on the sides where the latched are located. THe latch will most likely be rusted to the point where the bolts have to be ground or drilled off. I found that my angle grinder made quick work of the latch removal. I used pop rivots to reinstall the new latches. This will make it easier to replace them in the future. 8 Bay doors are now fully functional with 2 more to go. I need more latches to complete the task but I am well on my way to having a safer and more enjoyable use of the RV. If you need advice on latch replacement on your Bounder ...please PM me and I can give you some better detail on the process.
Craig Gosselin
1994 Fleetwood 33H
1995 Fleetwood 30H (parts vehicle)
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

ace, bounder, door, replace, replacement