Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-06-2009, 04:32 AM   #1
My 1995 Southwind (Fleetmaster) air cond front unit does not work. Was working fine but when running my wife used the hair dryer and it blew the default breaker. When returned to normal, the front unit would not work. I have replaced the electronic climate control unit and the dual thermostate control - still does not work. There is a ECC control module unit with a 5 amp fuse, cannot find this unit. All the 110 and 12 volt fuses are OK. Can anyone give some help with this problem. The test switch on the climate control works for the back but not the front. In other words the when selected the back works but not the front (top units) Thank you Claude

woodlake55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2009, 06:22 AM   #2
If you call Fleetwood (Not Fleetmaster) at (800)-322-8216 I think you will find them very helpful. I always have. They will send you an electrical diagram of your unit, if you want it.
You need to have the Make, Model, and Vin # so that they can look up your exact unit. OBTW, you should register with them so that they can send you any recall notices that might be applicable to your unit.

JerryForwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:44 AM   #3
Hello Jerry:
Thank you for this reply. I will give them a call. I have the electrical prints for the air cond system with all the controls. The fuse panel is located below the refrigator and it has both 12 and 110 fuses. In back the the unit that controls the total system, plus a box that has relays when the genarator is running. Nost much room to find anything. There is a ECC Control Box that has a 5 amp fuse and I cannot locate this unit. I have changed the climate control and the thermostate unit so will need to go back to the drawing board. Again, thank you for this information.
Claude Reyman
Old 02-08-2009, 12:23 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Claude. Have you looked inside the AC/DC distribution panel? If it is not in the panel it can be behind or even under a drawer of a cabinet. Good luck and keep us posted.
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
Yrey, I also have a 1995 Southwind. I'm not very knowledgeable on these things yet, but the ECC unit on mine is behind the bottom drawer, under the pantry(?) on the right side of the breaker/fuse door. Take out the bottom drawer and you'll find it. Mine has 2 fuses on the left end, not easy to get at. I'm not sure if this is the unit you're looking for. This is where mine has the test switch for the a/c units. Hope this helps.
If I can't stay young,

I can at least stay immature.
critterslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:50 AM   #6
I appreciate all the replys to my air problem. Each of you are on track. I called Intellitec and spoke with Victor and he stated that the front air cond has a delay unit that probably is the problem. This unit is located below the refigator behind the electrical panel. The left side of the panel is 110 and the right side is 12 volt. The delayed relay has three wire to it, one from the generator, one from the 110 line and the 12 volt. Inside is a circut board with some relays. Intellistec is send me this unit and I will attempt to change it out. Not much room behind this electrical panel. I have replaced the climate control management unit behind the two kitchen drawers and that did not correct the problem. The slide switch works on the back air but not the front unit. Victor said that the delayed relay would be the problem. Again, thank you for your responses to my problem. We will see if this corrects the situation.