Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #1

1996 Firan Raven XL 34ft-F53=208"WB

Five months ago , acquired the above mentioned MH & I've been updating many items.
  1. All the roof vents , ac shrouds, vent covers, TV antenna- All were either brittle or cracked due to uv rays as this MH has been in Florida for the past 10 years.
  2. All vents have been resealed with Dicor self leveling EPDM roof caulk.
  3. All roof seams have been caulked & recovered with 6" wide EPDM roof membrane tape.
  4. All interior & exterior lights upgraded to LED's.
  5. Central Vac, Thetford Sewer Electronic dump system, Front Davis tru-trac, SafTplus steering stabilizer as well as other minor upgrades too numerous to mention in this thread.
I,ve made all these upgrades & more because this MH has only 57,00 miles & the PO is a neighbor & friend who has taken good care of this coach. All appliances & major systems run perfectly & purchase price as well as size fits perfectly with my budget & lifestyle needs.
I've owned a 1987 TIFFIN ALLEGRO Class A when my kids were younger. Since 2003 I,ve had a ROADTREK 200 Popular Class B. A great MH but due to my wife's deteriorating medical condition it has become too difficult for her to maneuver in such a tight space.
So from every respect, this motor home is perfect for our near future lifestyle needs.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2013, 12:48 AM   #2

Smile 96 FIRAN RAVEN- Additional Info

Sorry, I'm new to posting here & I guess there's a size limit to a post.
This is a great sight & I.ve gotten a huge amount of valuable information the last few months while searching here for which I'm grateful. This is truly a welcoming community & it comes through in the helpful replies to threads.
As mentioned before, I'm a longtime RV owner so that I'm familiar with most systems , However, there are some things that have me stumped.
This MH is equipped with a, "ARCTIC PACKAGE". My assumption is that this means that when you turn this option on, It will heat the holding tanks & keep them from freezing but hoping someone more familiar can enlighten me. This unit is well insulated with blown expanding foam insulation so that following wiring is impossible.
Also, in my research I learned that FIRAN was bought by CHAMPION in late 96 & the Firan Brand was discontinued in 97 and this seems to be a well constructed MH but I Haven't seen it mentioned here in the 5 months while lurking here. Hoping someone is familiar .
Thanks in Advance,
Rubin

Old 05-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #3

Welcome!! Can't help with "arctic package" but we are looking forward to some pics of your RV !!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #4

Thanks Bruceisla, fellow Floridian as well. Obviously, the Arctic Package is not needed here in Southwest Florida how ever it my be useful in Upstate New York as I plan to head up north with my wife for a couple of weeks in the fall.
I live in a deed restricted community but a friend permits me to keep the MH in his side driveway as I complete all my upgrades. I'll be there tomorrow & take some pictures which I'll post as soon as I figure put how.
Where is Vero Beach, just curious. we are on the Gulf Coast in Sarasota County. About Midway between Tampa to the North & Fort Meyers to the South, Aprox. 70 miles either way on I75 or the Tamiami Trail.

Thanks,
Rubin
Old 05-16-2013, 05:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbicyclist View Post
Thanks Bruceisla, fellow Floridian as well. Obviously, the Arctic Package is not needed here in Southwest Florida how ever it my be useful in Upstate New York as I plan to head up north with my wife for a couple of weeks in the fall.
I live in a deed restricted community but a friend permits me to keep the MH in his side driveway as I complete all my upgrades. I'll be there tomorrow & take some pictures which I'll post as soon as I figure put how.
Where is Vero Beach, just curious. we are on the Gulf Coast in Sarasota County. About Midway between Tampa to the North & Fort Meyers to the South, Aprox. 70 miles either way on I75 or the Tamiami Trail.

Thanks,
Rubin
Ah yes .... when entering Florida, the sign should say "Florida, The Deed Restricted State". Vero Beach is opposite Tampa on the East Coast.