Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2018, 07:22 PM   #1

1998 National Tradewinds Diesel Pusher

Hello everyone,

My engine cranks very well, but will not start. Doesnít even sound like it wants to start. I drained some water out of the fuel filter on the outside. No luck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I might add, that I live in the Midwest, and it set outside during the winter. I added fuel treatment. I started it several times during the winter, with no problem. Any thoughts?

Sincerely,
Bill

Taylorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2018, 02:52 AM   #2

There are a lot of good people here, but you're really vague with a lot of missing information for help....

But if you have CAT power, I'd first look at cracking the return fuel line going back to the tank, and than pumping the mechanical hand pump, usually located at the engine filter to see if you can mechanically pump fuel up through the filters, and charge the fuel rail and have some excess fuel going back to the tank. If not, I'd start there...

provide more information please

Old 03-10-2018, 09:46 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Bill! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

I can't offer advice on the problem but wanted to say hello. Couldn't remember if I had welcomed you already or not!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:59 AM   #4

Triple E Owners Club
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Hi Bill! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

I can't offer advice on the problem but wanted to say hello. Couldn't remember if I had welcomed you already or not!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
Forum Administrators

Is there nothing you can do to stop this incessant welcome bot? Clogging up the informational forums with welcomes to every freaking person, whether ďcouldnít remember if I had welcomed you or not!!Ē

Why do these people feel that it is their responsibility to welcome people in each forum/category regardless of whether they can remember if they did it before or not?

Can you imagine if 2 of 3 of the members on here did this? The forums would be filled with such BS.

Please ask them to stop! Please!
Old 03-19-2018, 06:08 PM   #5

Yes...Iíll second that!
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorman View Post
Hello everyone,

My engine cranks very well, but will not start. Doesnít even sound like it wants to start. I drained some water out of the fuel filter on the outside. No luck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I might add, that I live in the Midwest, and it set outside during the winter. I added fuel treatment. I started it several times during the winter, with no problem. Any thoughts?

Sincerely,
Bill
Bill,
It would be nice if you posted the make/model/year/chassis/engine etc. so that there might be more accurate answers that would apply to your particular issue. Different model years/engines have different equipment on them to maybe help your situation and some, are not so equipped. So, let us know what you have and we might be able to send more direct info.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Traveler View Post
Yes...Iíll second that!
I thought I was the only one it drove nuts! I am a member of hot rod, hunting/fishing, motorcycle forums, and I have never seen anything like it. Probably going to get flamed, but, it's the only thing negative about this great forum....
RunningHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:03 AM   #8

I agree with posts #4 and #5!
Useless greeting and by the way, I can't help you??
John Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Traveler View Post
Yes...Iíll second that!
Now, now boys. Who are we to criticize this very nice couple. Does it really matter that they add nothing pertinent to the discussion but remind us that some day that might be us.
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 12:59 PM   #10

Getting back to the original problem, if it's a Cat 3126, there's an oil pressure switch that has to be satisfied before fuel is supplied. It's a fairly simple switch to remove/replace if it turns out to be the problem.

Ours either failed or clogged after sitting in Florida for the winter, simple replacement and it's worked well since.

Might be worth looking into.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:48 AM   #11

1998 National Tradewinds diesel Pusher

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to let you know that I got my coach running again. The problem was the high pressure oil sensor. Martind4 I got it fixed before I got your reply, but you were spot on. It was right on top of the engine. Easy fix, and the part only cost $135.00. Thanks, to all for your input.
Sincerely,
Bill

Taylorman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, national