Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2018, 05:38 AM   #1

Question 1st MH purchase/inspection -NEW new

I am headed to FL tonight to probably purchase a 2018 HR Endeavor. It's new, other than working every component, test driving... what's to check?

Were moving from our second travel trailer to a MH.. I have lots of trailer/camper experience but no MH experience.

Thanks for the learned knowledge!!!
ScottHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2018, 06:51 AM   #2

Don’t get in a hurry, like you said check and double check everything even tire pressures.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:49 AM   #3

Even the most meticulous shakedown will miss one or two things.
With any luck, if you do miss something, it will be very minor or under warranty.
Good luck with it, and enjoy.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:55 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Take your time and check every system. Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:09 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
No matter what you'll miss something. Get it fixed and enjoy.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:07 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome. I agree try every function in the coach during your PDI. Don't take their word that "it is all working just fine". Take you time and check every system, switch, plug, faucet etc.
Enjoy the adventure.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 02:31 PM   #7

I know it is late now, but even though it is new I would encourage you to get a professional RV inspection, check NRVIA.org

For full disclosure I am an NRVIA certified level 2 inspector (did the level 2 course last spring), and participate on their inpsectors only group. The stuff covered in the course and on the group has been a real eye opener to me on the lack of quality control out there in the RV industry. Even before I knew it was bad, but some of this is bordering on criminal as well as life safety. This can range from lack of sealant around roof openings, to finding the factory did not connect the wiring on the Smoke/LP detectors on a brand new coach. Just the other day on the closed group someone commented about an inspection on a 2018 coach where the inspector found 22 issues, the dealer cancelled the deal while the buyer was in transit to pick up the coach, and told them the next buyer would not be so picky. Sure most of what the inspector found were relatively minor things like loose cabinet doors, but others were more serious.

p.s. note a proper RV inspection on a motorhome is an all day affair, this excludes a drivetrain mechanical inspection that should be done by a mechanic that is familiar with the particular chassis
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:46 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would plan a vacation near the selling dealer, about a week maybe. Then take the Owners manual out and go thru it while camping and testing every system in the book. While doing so writing down questions and things you find that aren't quite right during the week. If there are any major things that need repair, schedule a service visit with the dealer. If you are like me the minor things that you can fix, do yourself.
You stated you are going to Florida so I assume the dealer is not close to home so don't be surprised if your local brand dealer does not want to do Warranty work on your coach.
Oh yeah, when you go to pick it up, take to the scales before you put your junk into it and get it weighed, with full fuel, water, and propane. Then fill with your stuff and take it back to the scales and weigh it. Use this data to help determine minimum/maximum tire pressure. Besides it's a nice little run for the test drive while empty any way.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:38 PM   #9

Hills and valleys here we come...

Thanks all for the info.. got here Sunday night. Inspected, drove, crawled, poked, operated... etc for a half day yesterday all seemed well... flew the wife out here last night and we went over it again today. SHE found a loose tile!

As for service, I am 3 hours south of Alvarado. Anyone with experience at REV in Alvarado, TX?

39% deal! HappyHappyHappy.
ScottHolly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase