Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2016, 12:54 PM   #1

2004 Excursion 39P?

Fleetwood electric steps worked yesterday are stuck in the in position?
They acted up 3 months ago at a campground would not come in. When I crawled under to check connections they started working and have been fine ever since where do I start? Thanks in advance
dmorris189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2016, 01:09 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If they're working now just leave them alone. That scenario happens often to all makes.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 06:36 AM   #3

Which ever connection you moved or adjusted 3 months ago would be a good place to start. I would disconnect any electrical connections, inspect for corrosion, and put in a small amount of dialectic grease. Then check any ground connections by removing bolts/screws, make sure good clean metal to metal connections and reinstall. Might be loose and binding hinge bolts.

I also would see if the brand has wiring diagrams with descriptions and trouble shooting that can be downloaded. I have the Kwikee steps and my "packet" has that brochure.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:00 AM   #4

Thanks
Old 05-15-2016, 09:06 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Also the door switch. A flaky switch would not tell the step to extend or retract, so it would seem to be non-functional. If the step retracts when you turn on the ignition on/off but not via the door switch, chances are its the switch and not the step itself.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:02 AM   #6

2004 Excursion 39P?

You could try tapping on the step motor with a hammer to temporally getting it working.

Make sure your arms and hands are not in between the steps or mechanism in case it does start to move.

97 Bounder 36S 460. Pulling as many quads as I can fit on the trailer or get started!
Old 05-15-2016, 02:06 PM   #7

No it does not try to move it is not bound pulled pin and worked manually. It has power but stuck in raised position. Have to go through my file folder and see if it has a wiring diagram. Always something