Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #1

Ok, I am totally frustrated. I have searched for and have not found a fix. All of a sudden, I have lost power to most of the 110 volt outlets in the center section of the RV. I have checked all circuit breakers and reset them to no avail. Also have unplugged and reset all of the GFI's. Anyone else had this problem?
Doug Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #2

Ok, I am totally frustrated. I have searched for and have not found a fix. All of a sudden, I have lost power to most of the 110 volt outlets in the center section of the RV. I have checked all circuit breakers and reset them to no avail. Also have unplugged and reset all of the GFI's. Anyone else had this problem?
Doug Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:44 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
If you're on a 50 amp service check the power pedestal for a tripped breaker. You may have lost one leg of the 50 amp service. On a 50 amp service there are two legs, each containing 110 volts. One goes to a portion of the RV and the other goes to the rest of it.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
If all power is OK except for outlets in the center of the coach you may have a bad GFI.

Download the wiring diagram for your coach form the Winnebago website.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_148938.pdf

I think you should have 3 GFI protected circuits in your 38J. My 38R does. The center outlets maybe controlled by a GFI located near your washer area.

I'm looking at your wiring diagram. Is the hair dryer outlet one of those that has no power?? If so this circuit is controlled by the 3rd 15 amp breaker from the top of your load center box.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:48 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you have an inverter you might want to check the circuit breakers on it. One of those breakers is for the AC receptacles it provides power for.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:14 AM   #6

I agree with the earlier posters. I have had a gfi go bad and this can affect several plugins, since one gfi plug can feed several others. I also lost power when my inverter breaker opened even though i wasn't using the inverter. It seems that the inverter breaker (30 amps in my case) is in the path that feeds part of the coach when using shore power.

cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:44 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
The inverter in the 2005 38J is the same as in my 2005 38R. It is 300w and does not power any readily accessible outlets. It powers the TV and the outlet in the back of the entertainment cabinet, located above the TV, for the VCR/DVD and satellite receiver.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote