Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by pddgm View Post
Well, today I decided it was time to investigate the swaying when on jacks. As per a lot of suggestions I ran the jacks all the way down and checked the tires, all tires were off the ground and the motorhome swayed. The wife says I am being to critical, but when I feel like I am in a boat in rough water I think there is a problem. I am going to keep my eyes open for a used set of the adjustable jack stands and see if they help. I was told the shocks are possibly wore out and that is also contributing to the problems. Not critical, but just driving me crazy everytime any one moves the rig sways like crazy.
Your tires should not be off of the ground. What jack system do you have.

adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post
You shouldn't overfill the battery cells. Bad for the battery. So I use an inspection mirror and a flashlight to look in the cells that I cannot see into directly. I'd guess Harbor Freight would have them cheap, as well as most autoparts stores. You can angle the mirror to whatever you want, and extend the telescopic handle, to see way in the back. Works great.
CaptBill
I too use a mirror.
I check the electrolyte levels in my 4 12V house batteries every 3-4 months, but I usually only need to and water every other time, (every 6-8 months).
Mel
'96 Safari, 132k miles,
Freedom 20 inverter/3 stage automatic charger

Old 10-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pddgm
Well, today I decided it was time to investigate the swaying when on jacks. As per a lot of suggestions I ran the jacks all the way down and checked the tires, all tires were off the ground and the motorhome swayed. The wife says I am being to critical, but when I feel like I am in a boat in rough water I think there is a problem. I am going to keep my eyes open for a used set of the adjustable jack stands and see if they help. I was told the shocks are possibly wore out and that is also contributing to the problems. Not critical, but just driving me crazy everytime any one moves the rig sways like crazy.
pddgm,
Does your coach have 4 Jacks, or does it have 2 jacks in the rear an one in front? I was in a Motorhome with a single front jack and could feel sway.

Mike
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #32

I finally got a mirror and check the coach batteries and all is fine. Water level is where it is suppose to be.

Spent two days off and on trying to figure out what is wrong with my rig and why it sways when on the jacks. Have raised and lowered it several times, with jacks up have looked for and checked to see if they are loose, or the frame is cracked,etc. The only thing I have found is the fluid was low, but only about a quart. I am going to try the jack stands and see if they help.

Talked to a battery man and a Ford mechanic and both said it would hurt nothing to disconnect it. So will do that with a trickle charger on it.

Replaced a hose on my water pump the other day and now have a pulse flow from the pump at the kitchen faucet. Damn, if it ain't one thing its something else.

pddgm is offline   Reply With Quote