Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2017, 09:38 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
30 second cleaner

Anyone thinking about cleaning their awning this stuff is great it is called (30-second cleaner) picked it up at Home Depot with a 1 gallon spray tank spray it on wait 5 minutes hose it off no scrubbing necessary this stuff is fantastic
scooterbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2017, 09:46 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	product-1G30S.png
Views:	220
Size:	390.8 KB
ID:	185497
scooterbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:04 AM   #3

If when you have sprayed down the top side, while it's wet, roll it back up, let sit a bit, open back up and rinse both sides.....no more water running down your arms when doing the underside...
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:52 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
If when you have sprayed down the top side, while it's wet, roll it back up, let sit a bit, open back up and rinse both sides.....no more water running down your arms when doing the underside...
Thanks for the tip Bob!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:54 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterbob View Post
Anyone thinking about cleaning their awning this stuff is great it is called (30-second cleaner) picked it up at Home Depot with a 1 gallon spray tank spray it on wait 5 minutes hose it off no scrubbing necessary this stuff is fantastic
Bob, I'm wondering if this stuff is safe on acrylic fabric? On the Stone Vos website there are instructions for cleaning the acrylic and it says to only wash it with a gentle detergent like Woolite.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:26 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oh Wow - another gallon of bleach - msds states it is sodium hypocrite. Cheap bleach. Plain jane bleach is about the same. Don't get it on you clothing.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:17 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladagobago View Post
Oh Wow - another gallon of bleach - msds states it is sodium hypocrite. Cheap bleach. Plain jane bleach is about the same. Don't get it on you clothing.
I thought this response was a bit snarky and rude, so I set out to prove you wrong. Nope, your right, it is just bleach. But I learned something here and I wonder how many times I could have looked up a MSDS just to find out it was just re-labeled version of something that cost 1/10th the cost.
kgchampagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
I did this this fall when washing my RV to park for the winter, I remembered spraying it after the RV was in the garage, had to drive it back up to the house to wash the awning, the garage parking is not quite a straight shot it's more like parallel parking it, the wife gets stressed as the spotter it was x2 stress that day. [emoji16]
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:56 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
I got the formula to make this stuff cheaply from a web site some years ago and it was ..... bleach ,water, and tsp.
Living in the NW this stuff is sold for something like 10 bucks a gallon to get the green mossy mold off siding. I thought that was a lot so I looked it up and got the formula online. Btw it worked great on my vinyl siding !! Spray on wait a few minutes and rinse off made it shiny new looking ! Like already said .. just be careful around clothing as it is bleach
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladagobago View Post
Or your awning!

I'd be worried about not only fading of the awning but, deterioration of it and the sewn threading. Of course it depends on how concentrated the mixture and how long a person leaves in on as well.