Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: We have a 2004 Tiffin Allegro on a Workhorse chassis. This will be our 5th set of spark plug wires
anypaws@gate.net 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2006, 07:29 AM   #1

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2006, 07:29 AM   #2

Old 07-12-2006, 07:51 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Ann Stout to irv2.
There has been plenty of discussion on this subject down in the Workhorse Forum below.
You can also go to "FIND" just above you and input "burnt wires 8.1" for some more information .
The air kit you have may not be directing the air flow to the wires involved and may need to be reposistioned.
There is plenty to read on the subject so don't get discouraged. I'll also redirect your question to the WH Forum.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:01 AM   #4

Have the dealer check and see if there is a manifold leak maybe caused by a loose manifold bolt or warped manifold.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:09 AM   #5
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ann Stout:
We have a 2004 Tiffin Allegro on a Workhorse chassis. This will be our 5th set of spark plug wires put on this coach over the last 16,000 miles due to the engine running too hot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We have the same engine and my engine doesn't run too hot.

Your problem stems from your engine not being able to cool down quickly enough. Make sure that your rubber fabric air shield is also in place across the top of the radiator. Please go back to your service center and as suggested have the tech make sure that the vent kit is directed to exact place where it's needed the most. It is very unusual to have gone through 5 sets of plug wires however they may have changed the same couple of wires a few times as you have told us.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:27 AM   #6

Thanks for the quick reply. We are scheduled for service on 8/3 and will bring this to their attention. Needless to say our 4 dachshunds are very displeased with the situation. They like the coach to ride smoothly when they go on their trips!! LOL... Have Roxy check us out at http://www.dachshundtreasures.com.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:36 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks ANN for the posting our dach with the works, MAX, and my wife sure do like what they have seen.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:54 AM   #8

Has anyone tried the Taylor exterm service spark plug wires pn 99615
Old 01-18-2007, 08:10 AM   #9
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
rlibem, welcome to irv2.
The wires may not help the problem if you still have poor venting of heat out of manifold area.
I have them but than again I had no problem with looseing wires infact mine were as good as new when removed.
If you go down to Workhorse forum below there has been recent discussion on this subject.
All the above still applies in your case.
Hope the forum help and will give you something to fall back on when you discuss your problem with WH or dealer.
Enjoy the forums and post often.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:34 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ya know, Suzuki had a great idea for this problem. they had the wiring to individual coils and they had about a 5" plug that connected to the spark plug.If one did it never happened with my tracker or the two suzuki's I gad. There is no exposed spark plug wire to burn and the wiring to the cyclanders was in a loom and I never saw any problems with it in Arizona idling in traffic or humping down the highway. Maybe GM should take a idea from there Japanese pardners and incorperate the idea into the 8.1 V-8.

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote