Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2007, 10:25 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a '97 Endeavor and I know the carpet was replaced by the previous owner. The entrance step well also has carpet on the sides and bottom of the steps. We all know what happens to carpet in a step well. I'm thinking this was not factory, but haven't seen another one to view. If anyone has an Endeavor near this year model, please let me know if your steps have rubber treads or carpet on the bottom.

Thanks,
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2007, 10:25 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a '97 Endeavor and I know the carpet was replaced by the previous owner. The entrance step well also has carpet on the sides and bottom of the steps. We all know what happens to carpet in a step well. I'm thinking this was not factory, but haven't seen another one to view. If anyone has an Endeavor near this year model, please let me know if your steps have rubber treads or carpet on the bottom.

Thanks,
Old 10-09-2007, 12:16 PM   #3

Hi Darryl,
Our 94 is stock carpet in the door steps and well.
has rubber only on the first step coming in.
We always had a piece of carpet as a step runner , but the sides of the carpeted well is all faded.

After looking at these pics close up,
I see the wife needs to get out the steam cleaner and do the carpeting when I get done with the floor in the bath. LOL
she loves that kinda stuff...( just kidding)
a domestic goddess NOT...
here are a couple of pics.

2007 Toyoata Prius Hybrid
antlerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:47 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks Craig for your reply. I appreciate the photos too. I guess this is the way our units came, although it's a bit of a surprise. This may be my next weekend project --- removing the carpet on the treads and installing a nice commercial looking rubber step mat.

I was off from work on Monday, so I tackled the outside Kiwi electric steps. Mine had been repainted once, and had a ratty looking grass mat glued on top. It had seen better days and the mat held water underneath, which caused the top of the step to rust and pit. I removed the old grass mats from both steps and stripped the paint off with paint remover. I took it down to bare metal. It turned into a much bigger job that I anticipated, but I was glad I did it afterwards. I applied POR-15 to the entire thing and then painted it with a roller/brush while the POR-15 was still tacky. Turned out pretty good. Sure beats $400 for a new replacement. I had previously bought two rubber step covers that look very nice from RV SureStep to go on it. They only cost $38.00 for the pair. This will help the curb appeal.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:11 AM   #5

A friend of ours removed his carpet from the stairs and the well area and installed Saltillo tile on the steps and a clay reddish color ceramic tile on the wells.
I first thought it was going to be too slick but the Saltillo tile is just rough enough to have good traction.

I will try to get a picture of it. looks good. He lives in Arizona. We moved from there to MO. So it may take a while, we are going to AZ in December. We will catch up with him there.

That is what I am thinking of doing is tile but out here in the Midwest , we have more wet weather and I know it's gotta get slick sometimes on his steps.

Unless he puts down a rubber strip. who knows

2007 Toyoata Prius Hybrid
antlerz is offline   Reply With Quote