Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-30-2015, 08:48 PM   #1
A&E Power Awning: Arm Assembly Replacemnet

My 2011 ITASCA Model IFE30W has an A&E Power Awning on it. The left (non-motorized) awning arm assembly collided with another object while closing, and that put a permanent 'twist' the awning arm. All attempts to work the 'twist' out of the awning arm have failed. The awning opens and closes, but in the stored position, the arm no longer 'nests' properly into the mounting rail on the side of the coach.

I ordered the new arm assembly from Dometic / A&E ( and saved $100.00+ by Not ordering it from an online dealer), and it recently arrived. There were no installation instruction in the box, so I'm trying to find out if this arm assembly replacement is something that I can do myself.

I read on another website that the new arm assembly is spring-loaded, and therefore it must remain zip-tied together until the assembly is installed on the side of the motorhome. That tells me that the removal of the old arm assembly and the new arm assembly must be done with the awning rolled up (in the closed position) on the motorhome.

I'm wondering if I may need to support the left end of the rolled up awning during the arm assemblies' removal & installation process. Has anyone ever replaced one of these left-side arm assemblies? HELP!

Alta Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2015, 08:59 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If it's the left side, you don't have to support the awning during the support replacement. The awning will be supported by the awning material, and won't unroll because the motor is on the right side. Be sure to keep the ties on the awning arm until it is almost tightened to the side of the RV. The arm has a gas strut that will hurt you if it extends during the installation. Just be careful and use common sense as you work.

Good Luck

2005 SEABREEZE LX 8360
WSRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:34 AM   #3
A&E Power Awning: Arm Assembly Replacement

HI Bill,

Thank you so much for the reply. I will work slowly and carefully.... ALTA SIERRA
Alta Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote

ace, awning, power, replace