Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2007, 04:59 PM   #1

Hi All...I have two Duo-Therm A/c's with a two zone Du0-Therm Comfort Control. The rear a/c (zone 2)has a short on time of between 5-10 seconds. It shuts off and comes on again in about a minute. It occurs in AM and PM until I adjust the temp up or down.

Front one runs fine. Suggestions???

Thanks in advance..Enjoy your adventures....Fritz

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2007, 04:59 PM   #2

Hi All...I have two Duo-Therm A/c's with a two zone Du0-Therm Comfort Control. The rear a/c (zone 2)has a short on time of between 5-10 seconds. It shuts off and comes on again in about a minute. It occurs in AM and PM until I adjust the temp up or down.

Front one runs fine. Suggestions???

Thanks in advance..Enjoy your adventures....Fritz

Old 12-08-2007, 06:44 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Fritzo,
I had the same problem. I moved the thermistor to a location that stopped this from happening.

My thermistor was mounted on an outside wall. This seemed to create the sympton mentioned in your post. I purchased another thermistor/wire (it comes preassembled). I disconnected the original thermistor where is connected to the roof top AC/heat pump connection. Connected the new wire and ran it down the cold air return duct into the bedroom. I tried many locations for the new thermistor. All were better than on an outside wall, but none was to my satisfaction. The location that works the best is right above one of the cold air return vents. This is keeping the cycle times correct for the work the AC/heat pump must do to keep the room at a constant temperature. I enclosed the thermistor in a plastic tube (heat shrink plastic) wraped electrical tape around it and taped it to the top of the cold air return vent. I left the original thermistor at its' original location. It is disconnected and is not used.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 02:30 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Fritz, If your thermistor (air temp. sensor) is on an interior wall you might check to see if the discharge vent is dumping air on to the thermistor. you might be able to adjust vent, otherwise relocating the thermistor should improve the cycle time if everything else is correct. Give us the model number and production number so we can look up more info if you need it.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:59 AM   #5

Mike..I did have a vent blowing in the direction of the sesnsor that is on an inside wall. I adjusted the vent and still have the problem.

The short cycle time only occurs early morning and late evening. I didn't have the problem until 2/3 months ago.

You were asking for the model number. WAs that on the thermostat? It's Model 50-981501-C, serial 041115 (those are on the circuit board).

The thermistor has a number on the wire feeding it. Is that what is necesssary? My guess is that it's just the type of wire. Thank you very much for helping.............Fritz
Old 12-14-2007, 01:58 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Fritz, you will want to move the thermistor off the outside wall. I was looking for the model of the air conditioner itself but that is ok. How long have you allowed it to start up and cycle off before you manually turned the thermostat off and ran the temp up? Could it have had a loss of power for a fraction of a second and has gone into a time delay? See if the thermistor will pull out into the room a few inches, and retry operation. If it cycles off let it sit for five minutes and see if it will come back on. Let us know what happens.

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is online now   Reply With Quote