Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #1

A/C Not Working Need Some Help

Our first MH. Camping World Myrtle Beach purchase day before the rally. Long story short the furnace wont ignite. We get clicking no spark. So 9 hours later the Wednesday we all were headed to Medevil Times Im still at CW Myrtle Beach and they can't figure why it's not kicking over. So we have to leave for home Thursday so furnace is dead and we bring it to CW BridgeportNJ to fix it. We tell him we think bugs got in and made a nest. Long story short he can't fix it in 2 hours we scheduled so we have to drive 2hours back home and go back Tuesday. I know don't even say it ...

So we have the heater Buddy and decide to load up to go up to NYS and we stop for lunch at Wendy's. We turn on the gen. And we have no A/C .. thermo is dead no reading at all. Any help appreciated.

Btw.. A/C worked fine every other light and micro goes on fine but the A/C nothing and it had no problem the day we brought it to CW .

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #2

Don't know what kind of MH you have, but there is a small fuse in the thermostat that might be blown.

steved44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #3

We have a Winnebago Aspect 26a 2005 a class C
Old 09-26-2014, 03:36 PM   #4

We looked at that fuse took it out looked at it and also the brakers and it seemed fine.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:53 PM   #5

you have no ac at all in the coach with the generator running? Did you check the breaker on the generator itself? On mine there is an outside dual breaker, i am guessing they turned it off while working on the unit....flip it off and back on just to be sure......
Old 09-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #6

Does it work on shore power? Maybe the transfer switch didn't switch if it worked on shore power and then not on the generator. Sometimes they stick and can be persuaded to switch with a lite application of a hammer!
Old 09-26-2014, 04:05 PM   #7

We re on the road.. just pulled over in Wal-Mart to look for a fuse but this one looks fine no black or break of the coil. Generator works fine just A/C and thermostat is dead. Not hooked up yet too check if it works with electricity.

Well be at campground at about 7 EST
Old 09-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #8

That sounds like a slow blow fuse, so you might have to check it with an ohm meter to make sure or just put a known good one in there.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:19 AM   #9

You generator may be running but not providing 120v due to a breaker being off or tripped. Did you try a 110/120 appliance such as a hairdryer in an outlet to make sure you have AC voltage from the generator.? Try different outlets as in some coaches the inverter will provide AC voltage to specific outlets. You should have AC volts at all outlets if the generator is putting out 110/120 volts.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:24 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Our gen takes spells of continuing to run but current doesn't make into the MH. Turns out the transfer switch needs to be replaced.
Old Dude 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:36 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Your A/C thermostat requires 12 VDC to power up the display. If no power to the thermostat then you cannot power up the A/C's regardless of whether using a generator or shore power.

First look for a 12 VDC fuse for your thermostat on a house panel somewhere inside your coach. Mine happens to be in the bedroom where my 5 Button Comfort Control Center is located.

BTW, I do NOT let Camping World touch my coach for ANYTHING.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 09-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You mentioned Myrtle Beach and I think a site in FL.. Where are you?

I'm off Exit 49 on I-95 in GA (about 3 miles N.W. of exit) and .. Well, this sounds like the kind of thing I've diagnosed on occasion.

50/50 on if I can fix it,, but around 90/10 on my ability to figure it out hands on. Way better than CW.

Oh, if you come visit.. 35/night I think (might be wrong, not my campground after all) and Thursday is the evening to be here.