Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
A/C problem

This afternoon i was working inside my MH after triyng all the lights i start the A/C at the same time my wife close one of the light and the A/C stop since everytime i play with the thermostat the only thing happening is a tic,tic inside the A/C anyone got a idea what's the issue.

Thanks Jp

Vcjp03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #2
Triple E Owners Club
Have you chacked your A/C breaker, 110 VAC. I believe you have a 12 volt relay that starts your A/C. That might be the ticking sound. Do you have 12 VDC at the thermostat? Now I don't know much about the A/C but this will give you a starting point to look at until someone with the knowledge replys.

1997 Triple E Empress, Freightliner Chassis, CAT 3126 w/ 275 horse's.
MD 3600 Tranny, 2011 Ford Escape Hybrid w/Blue Ox tow bar and Roadmaster Base Plate.
Amsoil Synthetic Oil only for my baby.
OneRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:09 AM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Many (most?) ac inits will not start up again immediately after stopping to protect the compressor. Mine has an apx 2 min delay before it will re-start. Even though you can hear the t'stat click on.
Paul (KE5LXU) ...was fulltimin', now parttimin'
'03 Winnebago UA 40e / '05 Honda Odyssey toad
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
Appalachian Campers
I cannot say if it will work for your coach, but I can tell you what a tech told us to do in a similar situation - and it worked. Turn off all sources of power to the coach ( I unplugged ours from the post) and turn the batteries off as well. He said to wait 10-12 minutes and the a/c would re-set itself. After the specified time, I repowered the system and turned the A/C back on and it worked just like it was supposed to. I believe they are Carrier remote control thermostat types.
Hope it works for you.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #5
Thanks guy's i found it try what Doc said and it work great trick thanks again
Vcjp03 is offline   Reply With Quote