Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
Monaco Owners Club
A/C Units switching to Heat

I have a 2009 Monaco Camelot with 3 Penguin A/C Heat Pump units (630516) with a Duotherm CCC. This morning I got up at about 0700 and the coach was about 73 degrees Normal), outside was 71. Got the paper, sat outside for about 90 minutes and my son wakes up and tells me the coach is hot. The interior is now 80 degrees, outside is 73 degrees all three units are discharging hot air. The CCC has been set to 72 degrees, A/C and fan in AUTO for all three zones, the system has been working fine since last Friday 6/26.

So far I've:

Cycled power to the A/C units
Cycled the on/off switch on the CCC
Tried multiple mode shifts
Checked the fuse for the thermostats--it was fine
Called Coach Net--they couldn't help

After all of that 1 A/C still blows hot, the other two seem to be in a fan mode--they blow air but it isn't cool.

I haven't reset the CCC by pulling the fuse yet--we don't have internet at the CG and I found out about that trick this morning after I found a WIFI hot spot. Naturally being the 4th none of the local service centers are open--oh well.

Any other advice or recommendations appreciated.

2009 Monaco Camelot
2015 RAM 2500
Blue Ox Aventa LX
CaptPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
I am not an expert. However I will restate the obvious just in case it helps. The units are not following the thermostat temperature settings. Even if the A/C goes into a Heat mode by default if something fails it is not following the temp setting. This leads me to believe that the A/C unit is in a default mode, Heat On, to at least let you keep things from freezing if you are in a cold environment. You would need to turn the unit off to regulate the temperature yourself. If the units can be selected OFF at the thermostat I would think the wires between the thermostat is okay, Unless just the Temp Setting wire is open.
Do you have a Remote Control for the system?

2005 Monaco Knight, 3 Slide, 38' PST, Cummins 330 ISC, 34,000 miles on this one!
VMSpc, PressurePro, BrakeSwitch, DeLorme SA2010

2005 Honda CRV, Blue Ox, SMI Brake, TomTom Go 720
Flagelpater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I would suspect a faulty or confused thermostat from the symptoms you describe. All three units doing pretty much the same thing points to the thermostat or possibily a loose sensor wire. There is a procedure for resetting the thermostat that can be found in the penquin service manual.
Dawn and Mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:16 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
CaptPat, you should try resetting the T'stat by turning it of, hold the zone and mode buttons down and turn it back on. Reset the modes of each zone to off and then to auto cool. Let us know how it responds.
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #5
Monaco Owners Club
Thanks everyone, reseting the thermostat did the trick. Sorry for the delay in response the CG WiFi was down.

2009 Monaco Camelot
2015 RAM 2500
Blue Ox Aventa LX
CaptPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Glad to hear that solved it. I've heard a couple of reports of those thermostats going wacky lately.

Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote