Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2015, 08:41 PM   #15

If used get an inspection. I recently read about a couple with roof leak in the bath.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2015, 09:27 PM   #16

Great stuff, all; thanks very much. I wondered about buying used from a private party, and the overall inspection that you don't get that way that a dealer would provide. I imagine you still get them from dealers when you buy used, and you can also just pay to get one done on a private sale. Of course, then the dealer has a motive to find problems, whereas they don't (as much) when it's from their own inventory....
As long as you're talking, we're listening; thanks again.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:03 AM   #17

I meant get an independent inspection even if buying from a dealer. This couple say the dealer downplayed any cosmetic concerns they saw in the bath. Let me find and post the link.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:35 AM   #18

Make sure you want a MH before you buy. You may want to rent one and see how you like the lifestyle. We bought a 6 month old MH from someone that thought that was what they wanted they bought it new and put $10,000 in upgrades. After 4 months they found they didn't like the lifestyle. We got a great buy but I bet they took a big hit by what we payed for it and how much they sold it fore. They told me they should have rented a MH for the 4 months they were on the road.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:49 AM   #19

The best time to buy is when you find the RV that is perfect for your needs. It is also good advice to buy your RV when people aren't standing in line waiting for a salesperson to sell to them. It is like buying a vehicle except there isn't anywhere near as much pricing information available for RVs on the internet.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkski View Post
I meant get an independent inspection even if buying from a dealer. This couple say the dealer downplayed any cosmetic concerns they saw in the bath. Let me find and post the link.
Ah yes, that would make a lot of sense; I can see why! Thanks...
Old 08-12-2015, 10:49 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Spartan Chassis
horses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandK View Post
Ah yes, that would make a lot of sense; I can see why! Thanks...
you may want to look at diesels if you plan on towing heavy loads,even if it says you can pull the weight you wont want to tow the max weight all the time ,too much wear, especially gas.Hope it helps,i worked in the industry and seen people regret not getting enough power.In my opinion if im towing anything i want a diesel with air brakes and air suspension rides great.

WRENCH18 is offline   Reply With Quote