Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2010, 10:52 PM   #15

Unlessd I missed something I noted you are plugged into 120 volt with a 30 amp cord but is the outlet you are connected to also a 30 amp or higher. using a 20 amp cheater plug on the cord could leave you with low voltage/higher amp draw resulting in A/C overload.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2010, 07:37 AM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for all of the feed back, I have been able to get most things working, and I will continue troubleshooting the small balance when the weather cools, I never considered what the voltage was from the outlet, I will check that the next time I think about it. As far as fuses, have anyone use the small 12 volt breaker, I would think that would eliminate the need to have fuses, you feed back on these 12 volt breaker is most welcomes. As far as overheating that also makes a lot of sense, how many of you used a computer fan to cool these breaker/fuses? They seem to be easy to install and if there are dong a good job for computer it seem as if they will work there also.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
nbounder jogged my memory. On my Prog. Dynamics control center my A/C was constantly popping a breaker even on Gen. The main breaker was next to and touching an A/C breaker. The combined heat from both high current breakers was enough to pop the lower amp one. I swapped the A/C breaker position on the buss with another lower current draw breaker. The problem was immediately solved.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Breakers

I will diffidently check that out, it appears I have 2 small breaker one for each air conditioner but connected together, I don't know what this breaker is called, but it is a mini breaker in one breaker size, each one protect one of the other air conditioners, or at least that is the way it seems. I had another problem that I was going to blow off, because I really don't need them, but I did troubleshoot my floor lights and they indeed do work, but the previous owner installed a roof fan onto this same system, and when the lights are turn on the power weaken to the point the fuse blows. I guess the fan is pulling too many amps. Does anyone have any suggestion on what I can do to correct this problem, I am unable to separate the circuit, and would prefer to use the fan than the floor lights. It won't hurt to have some feedback just in the case I discovered a need for these floor lamps.

One other matter, when I walk into the motor home there is 2 rocker on that left wall, the first far left power the step lamp and the handle lamp, but I have yet discover what the one on the inside or right switch operate, any idea?

Thanks again for all of you feed back