Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2007, 12:10 PM   #1

Just got a new 33' Admiral and my in-dash AC work when I start my engine but as soon as I start driving every setting blows hot air.Dealer replaced a control valve(didn't work) and I went to a different dealer and they want to replace it again.

JP
jp noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2007, 12:10 PM   #2

Just got a new 33' Admiral and my in-dash AC work when I start my engine but as soon as I start driving every setting blows hot air.Dealer replaced a control valve(didn't work) and I went to a different dealer and they want to replace it again.

JP
jp noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:33 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
We have possibly the same problem and our previous dealer tried to fix it a few times. When we first looked at the coach, the heater hose (hot air) was folded and crimped with a barlock. We brought it to their attention and the service managers & salesman said they knew about it. They took parts from another coach on the lot and also said they ordered new parts, but it never did blow cold air once the engine did more than idle.

Our new dealer, Robert Crist & Co., is now working with Monaco and Massey's Diesel Repair to get it fixed. If Crist doesn't have the technicians to fix it, we're sure Massey's will. There was a question if it was a chassis or box problem.

Not sure where you are located, but if you need cold air from the dash I could post a photo of our crimped-off hot heater hose.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:39 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome jp noel to irv2.
Some of us have had the same problem. You may have a vacume control tube pulled of the Evans control unit if you have a WH chassis.

I installed this valve in heater hose to stop the hot water in combo AC/Heater Evans unit from over riding the AC.
When you operate the AC control on dash have someone watch the control valve and see if its operating correctly.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:16 PM   #5

FWIW I'm sitting at Duncan RV Repair in Elkhart for same problem which started last week while at Spartan. Spartan diagnosed it as a plugged valve since the low side was pulling a vacumn. However, I came down to Duncan Systems for glass replacement and noted coolant of ground coming from Tempcon unit. I then moved over to Duncan RV and they agreed to repair. They found a pin hole in Tempcon coils; the reason for the pulling a vacumn on low. I'm sitting here awaiting Tempcon to make and test a new one piece arrangement and ship over to Elkhart tommorrow.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:56 PM   #6

jp, welcome to iRV2. I can't contribute any suggestions for a solution to your problem but feel confident that they'll get it straightened out.
If interested, come visit us in the iRV2 Chatters chat room. We're there just about every evening from about 8:30pm eastern until about 10:00pm. It's a great bunch of folks!

Skip- Kerrville, TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:07 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
JP noel, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad tho have you join us here and look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. Congratulations on the new Admiral. Sorry to hear of the dash AC trouble but I am sure it will get worked out and you will be comfortable going down the road. It looks like you have some company in this issue that are eagar to hear of the results of your repair so plase keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote