Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2011, 07:36 AM   #43

anyone have the wiring diagram for the Power Solutions Dual Power adapter you could post and share???? I have a thought and wonding if it may work for me. Thank you!

Guess I am looking for the wiring instructions for the Power Solutions Dual Power adapter.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2011, 09:10 AM   #44

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The wireing dirgram can be easily explained.

it has two sets of connections, Power in, this goes to the flexible cord with the outlet end, and power out, The inlet feeds the circuit breaker that goes to power out.

So.

{IN from motor home generator or breaker}--Flex wire--Outlet

Inlet--Breaker--{out to air condidioner}

That is all that's in the box.

Now, connecting.. You identify the line to the air conditioner, either the line coming from the generator on a 30 amp rig or from the circuit breaker on mine, You 'Break" that line, on a 30 amp rig at a junciton box, and splice in there (he power in to the PSRV box comes from the generator's breaker)

On a 50 amp rig you disconnect the wire from the circuit breaker and route it to the PSRV (or to a junciton box with a line from the PSRV) power out. and run a new line from the brekaer to the PSRV power in.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:36 AM   #45

National RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
As I posted recently, I installed the DPA in my 30A rig and all went well. However, the instructions, in my opinion, were next to useless. I don't know how they can make such a quality product and not know how to write or explain what they sell. i.e. I had to continuity test the pigtail connections to determine the wiring connectors. They had a lot of paperwork, but it was not simple or straightforward. By the way, you can probably make one up yourself for under $50, but it might not look as good, but who's looking????

Still a great product if you know a little basic electricity and can determine where your rig has all the connection points.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #46

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will say this. Those dual "Cheater box" adapters with the 2 30 amp plugs and the 50 amp outlet ... Though they do work, on occasion, Ive actually gotten mine to work once.. At most RV parks they will NOT WORK.. They come with a 15-30 amp adapter on one plug and the theory is you plug into the 30 amp and the 15 amp and if you do this and the 15 amp is GFCI protected, which it should be CLICK of darkness will happen faster than you can say it.

If the GFCI does not trip. it's defective.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:50 AM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed S View Post
anyone have the wiring diagram for the Power Solutions Dual Power adapter you could post and share???? I have a thought and wonding if it may work for me. Thank you!

Guess I am looking for the wiring instructions for the Power Solutions Dual Power adapter.

PM Sent...
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:56 AM   #48

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzjea View Post
As I posted recently, I installed the DPA in my 30A rig and all went well. However, the instructions, in my opinion, were next to useless. I don't know how they can make such a quality product and not know how to write or explain what they sell. i.e. I had to continuity test the pigtail connections to determine the wiring connectors. They had a lot of paperwork, but it was not simple or straightforward. By the way, you can probably make one up yourself for under $50, but it might not look as good, but who's looking????

Still a great product if you know a little basic electricity and can determine where your rig has all the connection points.
Not so sure about building one, but I concur about the instructions. They're very much intended for folks that have some knowledge about electrical stuff, which I have none.

However, a quick call to Bill at Power Solutions will fix you right up. He knew more about my wiring sitting across the country than I did sitting right on top of it. Definitely give him a call. He's very knowledgeable and extremely helpful.
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #49

National RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just a note that we are camping right now at Hunstville State Park near Huntsville, Tx. and the Dual Power is working great. I have the 30amp and the 20amp shore power cords connected to the same power stand and run the rear ac almost all the time and can run the front ac, the elec. water heater and the microwave all at the same time if needed.

It's not that hot here but I run the rear ac on cold temp during the day and the front ac then cycles but I don't really have to worry about the 30amp side since it can handle about anything within reason I throw at it i.e. hair dryer and front ac and other stuff, no problem. At night I turn the rear ac off (too cold otherwise) and leave the front on auto.

Great solution even with an EMS that would manage the 30 amp side. The EMS amp meter doesn't even know about the 20amp running the rear ac.

John