Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-02-2015, 11:25 AM   #1
Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Adding LED Light strip

I am planning on adding LEDs along the RV awning area. I came across a product sold by RVLightning called Eco Leds the model is the RGB-1660RF. Has anyone purchased this model and have any comments.

I am seeking comments on a good quality led system with a RF remote and the capability of running LEDs from DC or AC.

Mike & Karen
2012 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34 SBD, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Copperhead Pearl toad Blue Ox toad accessories with RVibrake2 Auxiliary Braking System
SmokyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2015, 11:44 AM   #2
I have the same ones.. only I got them on ebay for $30. Comes with a AC to DC plug and remote as shown. That price is ridiculous.

2013 Itasca Sunova 30A
2006 Crownline 250cr
2012 Ram Laramie Longhorn
Todd157k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:45 PM   #3
Originally Posted by SmokyRV View Post
I am planning on adding LEDs along the RV awning area. I came across a product sold by RVLightning called Eco Leds the model is the RGB-1660RF. Has anyone purchased this model and have any comments.

I am seeking comments on a good quality led system with a RF remote and the capability of running LEDs from DC or AC.

I've done exactly that, added them just under the awning. I set mine up so that when the awning is rolled up, I get a fair amount of light from them. But, when extended out about 14"-15" or so, that's when it really broadcasts light, IF I WANT IT TO. I don't bother people around us with too much light. That setup I got is completely dimable way down to almost not on.

Mine came with 120VAC power and, 12VDC so I could go either way. I tossed the 120VAC unit and wired it directly to the 12V. I do have the remote for dimming too. MY unit was sold at Camping World and other RV supplies centers. It's marketed by Dometic. It's a very, very nice unit and, it's extendable. I added three extensions to it to make a 16' long piece. Now, I have a considerable amount more money in it than I care to admit but, I was in the learning stage then about LEDs.

If I were to do it again, I'd take a whole different approach. And, I've done so with my "Under body" LED light strip. But, I got them through Amazon and, they're "waterproof" ones. They look really nice. But as far as the ones you're thinking of, can't help you with that particular brand.
2004 ITASCA HORIZON 36GD, 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Toad '08 GL 1800 Gold Wing
Retired-29.5 yrs, SDFD, Ham - KI6OND
Me, Karla and the Sophie character, (mini Schnauzer)
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:19 PM   #4

Check out our friend's thread on this topic ..... good stuff here from a good guy !!!
Joe's LED Strips
Hal & Jackie .... 03 TS Select 45DS01
02 Haulmark 20' Edge .... 02 Corvette Rdstr

Our Blog
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:40 PM   #5
A couple of us have the LED strips you could get at Costco , they change color and all that, our friend uses an inverter, I connected them directly to the 12 volt system as LED's are naturally 12 volts, stuck the remote wire out the side and it works flawless!!
I put ours on the bottom of the MH and over the step so we have lights there without using the outside light!
If you know an electrician they can get it on rolls!!
2011 Thor FourWinds Windsport 31D

It is a Hybrid ... it burns both gas AND money!!
ttarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:33 PM   #6
Putting an LED strip under my awning was a great upgrade. I ran a wire to the entrance light under the door. The strip was 16 feet long and was around$17 on Amazon. The double stick tape that came with it was useless so I bought some of the 3M red backed double strip tape you can get at auto detailers or Home Depots. It put out just the right amount of light. Not too bright, not too dim.
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2014 CRV w/EZ Tow
jondrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:55 AM   #7
Adding LED Light strip

Amazon has tons of leds, I installed them under cabinets,golf cart, and MH.
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:21 AM   #8
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have not purchased that specific model but have a few Eco-Led brand 1141 replacements.

ON a standard scale of 10.. That's the rating I give the company 10.. They are the best of all the LED lamps I have purchased.

But I've never purchased the rope lights or strip lights

My only complaint is not really a complaint.. They are also the most EXPENSIVE Led's I have.. but worth it.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote

led, light