Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2006, 06:16 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Julia and I are not going to be able to take the coach in for a few warranty itmes until near the end of the year. One of the items seems simple enough but I'll ask for some help. The Lounge slide-out on our 2005 Dolphin does not completely slide out on the end nearest the driver seat. Looking at the slide from the inside, the left side opens and seals but the right side is about 1 inch from making a seal. As you run your hand on top of the slide from left to right you can feel the seal go from tight to not sealing at all. Is an adjustment hard to make? We will not be able to head to Perris Cal until years end and would like to make sure we are weather tight when winter comes.
Thanks in advance for anyones help
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2006, 06:16 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Julia and I are not going to be able to take the coach in for a few warranty itmes until near the end of the year. One of the items seems simple enough but I'll ask for some help. The Lounge slide-out on our 2005 Dolphin does not completely slide out on the end nearest the driver seat. Looking at the slide from the inside, the left side opens and seals but the right side is about 1 inch from making a seal. As you run your hand on top of the slide from left to right you can feel the seal go from tight to not sealing at all. Is an adjustment hard to make? We will not be able to head to Perris Cal until years end and would like to make sure we are weather tight when winter comes.
Thanks in advance for anyones help
Old 08-14-2006, 08:30 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

You can get your slide-out adjusted at any NRV dealer. There is also a National Factory serivce center in Lakeland, FL, is that is more convenient to you.

Contact National and they will refer you to a deaeler near your present location. (800) 322-6007

We've had excellent warranty service from NRV dealers across the country.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:18 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the reply. I guess I did not make myself clear enough. Julia and I are LIVING in the motorhome right now and will be for about the next 4 months. I have a NRV dealer less than 15 miles away from were have setup base camp but don't have time to leave it at the dealer for the list of things I want fixed much less adjusting the slide-out, which in reality should take less than 30 minutes. I have mechanical ability and not afraid to use it. All I want is to know if anyone has adjusted one and if so, how was it done. I've looked at the mechanism and it don't look to hard to adjust. When we head back to AZ in the spring we are going to take a side trip to SoCal to have the 7 or 8 things fixed that NRV has already been notified about. We'll plan to stay a few days to get it done right and to take the factory tour. I'd bring it back to the dealer I bought it from but concidering that they did the PDI on it before I took delivery I doubt they'll take fixing it with any more seriousness. Most of the stuff that NRV is going to address should of never, "A" left the factory that way and "B" should of never left the dealer that way. I'd like to get a quality position with NRV and show them what customers should get when they spend money on a motorhome. If I ran my company this way, I'd be out of business. Someone should address the cost of quality at NRV and most likely most other rv builders. I'll be giving them my .02c worth.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:52 PM   #5
adj

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My question to you is this.
If you locate the points of adjustment, what effect will your adjustment have on the slide when it is fully retracted?

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:18 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good question. Since the slide only needs an adjustment of about 1 inch on one side, there should be no issue closing the slide. The motor will pull the slide back and continues to do so until the load on the motor shuts it off. There are no limit switches to limit the travel of the slide. I'll report my results when I do the adjustment this weekend.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:22 AM   #7

I wish I could find the exact procedure to adjust mine. It sits flush at the seal both extended and retracted, but when my coach is not perfectly level I can't get it to retract more than 1" without a lot of force.
Today I had to extend it to remove my Porta-Bote which I carried inside on the last trip because I was waiting for the roof mounts which I received today, in my storage lot it's not a very level grade. I was finally able to use my Lynx leveling blocks under the front jacks to raise it enough to get close to level. I still had to tape the slide switch to the IN position and pull from the couch and dinette to get it to fully retract. In times past I've had a helper hold the switch while I pushed from the outside.
The one time I had it in for slide service they claimed there wasn't enough battery power and since it was a flush floor level model there wasn't much they could do. So I'm either on shore or generator power when it "sticks" like it did today and it still won't retract.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:27 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
From what I've read here and from a common sense way of thinking, it wouldn't seem like a good idea not to attempt to slide out a slide out while not level. The laws of physics are not in your favor. Were you a little concerned when you needed the help of a friend to help push it out?
Old 08-17-2006, 10:28 AM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
PS. You didn't mention if you had a warranty to fall back on or not.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:53 PM   #10

It wasn't my first choice to extend it when not level over the jacks but I took the chance.
It extends without any problem or hesitation whatsoever.
I do have an extended warranty I received for "free" when I purchased it used last year but I hate dealers and service shops.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rick I haven't done it to mine but if your's is like mine (each side has slotted rails) that a cogged wheel runs in. It is probably just off one slot. I think all you will have to do is drop the cog wheel slide the slide to the next slot on the rail and install the chog wheel.
I had a pin in the connecting rods break that started mine off side ways untill I reinstalled the pin. There are also shear pins in the gears I now carry an extra set.
John Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote