Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #1

AE Oasis Elite Entry Door Awning Not Working

I'm hoping someone can help me out. My AE Oasis Elite Entry Door awning on my '06 Dicovery is not working. When I push the button to extend all I hear is a click and that is it.

Any thoughts on what this might be? It worked fine last season with no issue.

Thanks for your assistance.

Mike
Mike R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2014, 07:51 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sometimes

Mine does that fairly often. Sometime the latching mechanism latches a little too good. I reach up from the doorway and give it a little help as I press the extend button on the remote.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:00 AM   #3

Thanks for the response Muddypaws.

Guess I'll try to work it again. It's just strange all I hear is 1 click each time I hit the extend button. Think the click is coming from the main control box (or maybe it's the awning motor) when I hit the extend button.

Doesn't sound like the motor is trying to extend the awning but I could be wrong.

I appreciate your assistance.

Mike
Mike R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:00 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I just had to replace the motor in mine. It made the click sound but no action in or out. I had to bungie the thing closed until I could get a motor. I hope your issue is simpler and cheaper to fix. It was not fun trying to get the new motor inside the tube while standing on a ladder with no leverage to speak of. It took two of us- one on the motor side and one on the other side holding the tube in place. Good luck!
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:42 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Mike R,
The problem could be the motor or the clutch. Consider checking the power to the motor first. Doing either repair, on the coach is very difficult. I've done both of these repairs and remove the awning from the coach. Do the repairs and testing on a work bench. The awning is spring loaded to the open position. Be careful. It is a strong spring and can knock one down if you are in the way.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:42 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Thumbs up

Wow, i just love this forum. My Oasis Elite door awning would not work at all this season. finally got around to doing some investigating and found several ideas on what to try.

All it would do is make a click sound when trying to extend. I tried to pry at it while trying to open to no avail.

Long story short, I removed the 2 top screws to the motor housing and removed the bottom of the housing. Lots of rust inside. the motor shaft would not turn. Using a channel lock wrench, I "persuaded" the motor to turn. I was then able to extend the awning by turning the motor shaft by hand. I knew I was now close. Lubed the heck out of it with Lithium, put everything back and gave it a try.

Works like a champ now.

Just wanted to share another solution with everyone. I have learned so much from this site.

Tags
awning, door