Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2010, 05:21 PM   #1

Smile aftermarket jack motor hwh

Hi folks,

I need info on aftermarket leveling motors? would you say that the manufacturer prices are reasonable..I think someone mentioned NAPA??.I have not even removed it yet, but the + connector stud is shorted to ground. so I think its safe to assume the motor is bad. I am not an ace mechanic, but can use a multimeter. the solonoid at the motor clicks so I guess it is working,,,should double check it though....thanks guys!! I will also report my findings and search through the old posts....

,,we are going to drive this rig from Florida and relocate in Oregon...global warming!!!!!
nautracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Check the HWH web site for their listing on the motor for their hydraulic pack. I believe some of them are made by Fenner Stone. The motor may be the same as those used on some heavy commercial truck lift gates and would be available through sources such as NAPA or heavy truck/trailer parts suppliers.

To assist you in your HWH trouble shooting efforts, go to their website and down load the appropriate trouble shooting guide for your system. I know the guide for the 625 system is very precise in helping you pinpoint a problem.
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:07 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautracer View Post
Hi folks,

I need info on aftermarket leveling motors? would you say that the manufacturer prices are reasonable..I think someone mentioned NAPA??.I have not even removed it yet, but the + connector stud is shorted to ground. so I think its safe to assume the motor is bad. I am not an ace mechanic, but can use a multimeter. the solonoid at the motor clicks so I guess it is working,,,should double check it though....thanks guys!! I will also report my findings and search through the old posts....

,,we are going to drive this rig from Florida and relocate in Oregon...global warming!!!!!
the brush mounts in my hwh motor got hot and softened enough so that the brushes were cocked and were not making contact with the armature.
i had an electric motor shop in portland, or. make new brushes. they just bent the brush holders.
that worked long enough for me to get a new motor from hwh. cost something like $185 if memory serves. i later found a post on the old irv2 forum where someone said that the motors are available from napa.
i forgot what the use was. that happens a lot lately.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:00 AM   #4

Smile thanks

thanks for the leads. .......I will report back what Napa says and my progress. will go strait to the source of hwh website. did not see a step by step tree before...thanks again....
Old 03-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #5

latest info: motor is indeed smoke checked.....removed it no problem. NAPA can not cross ref. the numbers on the motor to anything they stock.... 101491 or 56539.....they did refer me to motorworld.com and liftmotors. com...worth a try I guess.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:52 PM   #6

I ended up replacing my jack motor (HWH) last fall. It failed with the big slide out, which on my coach is good--easier to get under and work on the motor since my control unit is on the chassis just at the rear of that slide. Undid the two bolts that hold it in place and my Winnebago dealer ordered it from HWH. Cost about $250 including the solenoid.

When re-installing, make sure the shaft on the motor is aligned correctly with the slot in the pump or you will have a problem getting it in correctly. Other than that, it was very easy to replace.
robbstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #7

Smile final report

thanks for all the replies, I ended up calling HWH ,, had to purchase a newer model of motor and pump unit because mine was obsolete.. about $400 plus shipping.
funny how things go obsolete so fast....my coach is a 1992.
I probably could have found a motor "somewhere",,, but just figured my time was more important . and I have heard lots of good things said on these forums about HWH, so hopefully all will be fine from here. jl
Old 03-06-2010, 03:23 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautracer View Post
Hi folks,

check with these folks in portland. they made new brushes for my hwh motor for $25. they straightened the overheated, cocked brush holders and they cocked again but lasted until i got a new motor from hwh. i straightened the brush holders again and now have a spare sorta serviceable motor. i am still looking for new phenolic brush mounts.
The Philbin Group - Philbin Manufacturing and Philbin Rebuilt Products
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:28 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Any starter or alternator repair shop can rebuild these motors much cheaper than purchasing a new unit.
scampers227 is offline   Reply With Quote