Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #1

Aggravating ding ding ding in gear?? 2000 HR Endeavor

It only does it when I put it in gear and drive. I have stuck a board under all of the jacks and Pryed if they might have been down a little. There was none of the cylinder showing and it didn't do any good. Checked all the fluids. Engine, hydraulic, jack reservoir and nothing is low. Here is something that is a little strange. When I turn the key counter clockwise to auxiliary mode, the "jacks down" light is on. When I run the engine and put it in drive is the only time it does it. Any one had this happen? Known fixes? Was thinking about just Unhooking that stupid chirping alarm short term.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2014, 05:51 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
It's probably not your jacks. I can't recall seeing the issue on a Monaco of your era, but under your PARK brake is a pressure switch. It's mounted to the end of the PARK brake.

It will only alarm when the brake is released and the coach is in gear. It usually stops within a few seconds. You can sometimes test to see if this is the issue buy releasing the PARK brake and putting it in gear. If the alarm sounds, pull the parking brake back on and then slam it down firmly. This will often make the switch work.

The part is about $45.00 shipped from Monaco. I replaced mine about 4 years ago and had to do it again, before I sold the coach last week.

Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #3

Ok been doing lots of research. Got into the Motörhome and tried the suggestion of putting it into gear and pulling the park brake. It activates a different sounding alarm, unlike the one in the video. Upon further inspection of operating in auxiliary mode on the ignition switch the jacks down light is on as stated earlier, and looking at my floor joystick, the right front jack is not registering at all when it's down according to the red lights. Possible that it's just a sensor out on the driver front jack?
Old 02-08-2014, 09:35 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I've got the same dinging going on and I'm pretty sure it's the parking brake switch. 99 endeavor on a freightliner chasis. My switch its on the frame rail near the driver rear tires. The previous owner disconnected the bell. I too have left it disconnected until I get around to fixing it. Has not caused any issues.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:03 PM   #5

If you can't determine if it's the jacks or the parking brake switch, try pulling the fuse(s) for the jack system and see if the warning goes away. If it's still there, probably the parking brake switch. From the dash display in your video, I see you have a Freightliner chassis. Your brake switch will be on the frame rail in front of the rear axle (driver side).
Old 02-09-2014, 10:33 AM   #6

iRV2 No Limits Club
I know this sounds off hand, but, do you have your seat belt on?
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
I know this sounds off hand, but, do you have your seat belt on?
No lol! I will check today
Old 02-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #8

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmoney7269 View Post
No lol! I will check today
Keep us posted, even if does seem embarrassing.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #9

Also door closed and step up?????
Old 02-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper33 View Post
Also door closed and step up?????
Yes for sure. I'm servicing the generator right now. I sure wish I could meet the guy that designed all the piping I would sure like to give him a piece of my mind. I guess I'm going to have a new generator exhaust pipe bent on Monday so that if it's right for easy service
Old 02-09-2014, 12:45 PM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
Hey guys. It is the transmission safety alarm. If you are driving and stop AND TURN OFF YOUR ENGINE While you are still in drive or reverse THE ALARM WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU NEED TO PUT THE PARKING BREAK ON. You do not want to start the engine with the transmission in D or R.
This make sense.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengraham View Post
Hey guys. It is the transmission safety alarm. If you are driving and stop AND TURN OFF YOUR ENGINE While you are still in drive or reverse THE ALARM WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU NEED TO PUT THE PARKING BREAK ON. You do not want to start the engine with the transmission in D or R.
This make sense.
Hey dengraham,
Isn't everything that's automatic (vehicles that is) equipped with a "neutral safety switch"? In that, you can't start the rig if it's in gear. And yes, mine does remind me that I've put the rig into neutral with out the parking brake or, I've set the parking brake and, it's' still in gear. So, it needs to be out of gear and the brake on for a "no ding" operation or, it needs to be "In gear and no parking brake" for a no ding operation.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:01 PM   #13

Change out the pressure switch for the parking brake. We had an alarm from our last MH, 2003 Endeavor, that drove the DW crazy. I changed out the pressure switch and all was well.
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Home View Post
Change out the pressure switch for the parking brake. We had an alarm from our last MH, 2003 Endeavor, that drove the DW crazy. I changed out the pressure switch and all was well.
Where is my switch located? Because it ain't on the parking brake. Only a air bag dump switch