Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2007, 06:17 AM   #1

I am brand new to diesel pusher with a 2006 winnebago journey. on the first trip out, after activating the automatic levelers (which worked fine) the air dumped, levelers leveled coach, but there was an air bleed off in the rear axle area for over an hour.

Dealer can't tell me if this is normal or not, nothing in the manual that i can find. When ready move on next day, everything pumped up and worked fine. Same thing next time it leveled.

Does anyone know if this is normal? thanks for any responses.
Hoop98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2007, 06:17 AM   #2

I am brand new to diesel pusher with a 2006 winnebago journey. on the first trip out, after activating the automatic levelers (which worked fine) the air dumped, levelers leveled coach, but there was an air bleed off in the rear axle area for over an hour.

Dealer can't tell me if this is normal or not, nothing in the manual that i can find. When ready move on next day, everything pumped up and worked fine. Same thing next time it leveled.

Does anyone know if this is normal? thanks for any responses.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:31 AM   #3

LA Gulf Coast Campers
My rig just slowly leaks air after parking. I don't think it specifically bleeds (except for the dump). It just slowly bleeds off.

As long as it holds okay while you are driving you are safe.

But, I did have a hole in one bag the size of a pencil. The compressor was able to keep up with it with no problem. After stopping, I would hear a hissing. I crawled under and found the hole.
Walt
Old 05-11-2007, 11:33 AM   #4

LA Gulf Coast Campers
By the way Hoop, Welcome to the IRV2 forum. Great bunch of guys here. They have saved my bacon on several issues.
Walt
Old 05-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #5

Hoop98,

Welcome to irv2.com. One thing to check relative to your air system bleed off is your air gauges. Your system should keep the air up for at least a week. If you find it is bleeding off in 1,2,3 or so days, then take your coach to Freightliner and ask them to check for air leaks in your air system.

I had bleed off of my air system to '0' in less than 24 hours. Had Freightliner check and fix several air leaks. Now my air system stays up for at least a week, and longer, as it should.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #6

Thanks so much for suggestions. the rig has stayed aired up for about a week now with no loss in pressure so i am pretty sure it is not a leak. it defintely seems to be part of sequence after the levelers have finished their cycle.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:08 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hoop98:
Thanks so much for suggestions. the rig has stayed aired up for about a week now with no loss in pressure so i am pretty sure it is not a leak. it defintely seems to be part of sequence after the levelers have finished their cycle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're still doing a lot better than me! My system bleeds out after 4-5 days. I called Freightliner, and the rep. told me that an air loss of 2 lbs. per hour while parked is permissible and within specs.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote