Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2007, 01:50 PM   #1

Does anyone have any detailed specs/instructions on installing air horns? I'm interested in installing some no my RV and the local service centers here are too busy to assist. I am looking at the Hadleys 'Bully' I believe they are called. Would also consider roof mounted but that is a little much for me to take on, would prefer a 'professional' install. Any feedback on direct-drive electric compressor horns? Thinking they may be an easier install.

Tks.

W24 8.1 Vortec
Kyle241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2007, 01:50 PM   #2

Does anyone have any detailed specs/instructions on installing air horns? I'm interested in installing some no my RV and the local service centers here are too busy to assist. I am looking at the Hadleys 'Bully' I believe they are called. Would also consider roof mounted but that is a little much for me to take on, would prefer a 'professional' install. Any feedback on direct-drive electric compressor horns? Thinking they may be an easier install.

Tks.

W24 8.1 Vortec
Kyle241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:01 PM   #3

I just installed a setup from Hornblasters.com and it was a complete kit. Compressor, tank and horns wires etc.

I found it easier NOT to expose the horns and simply mount them hidden somewhere. On a RV there is so much room for stuff I would not even consider doing a roof mount. Depending on your coach just mount the stuff where you can. Trust me they will be loud enough no matter the location.