Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2007, 05:24 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
The air suspension on my Endeavor takes forever to dump (if it dumps at all --- the rear wouldn't). I removed the air dump valves on it and cleaned them. Now it dumps in about 20 seconds. It's not hard and took me about an hour to remove, clean, and replace all three. On my Endeavor, there were two for the front and one for the rear. That seems odd to me, but that's what it had. There's a tiny orafice inside the valve that gets crud in it and you simply have to clean it out.

Just a word of caution. Regardless of what your guage shows, there may still be air in the suspension system. So, DO NOT get under the coach when removing the air lines. Try to dump all the air first and then remove the lines from above or from the side. I was able to remove the front lines (from the valve body) from above. I opened the front panel on the front of the coach and could reach the lines from there. The rear was an arms length from the right rear corner, so I didn't actually have anything under the coach but my arm. If you remove the air line nut slowly, it will start leaking as it nears the end and will leak down gently. Nonetheless, do NOT get under the unit unless you have the jacks down or some other way of supporting the coach.

Here's the link to the procedure:
http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t.../Dump%20Valve/

Hope this is helpful.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2007, 05:24 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
The air suspension on my Endeavor takes forever to dump (if it dumps at all --- the rear wouldn't). I removed the air dump valves on it and cleaned them. Now it dumps in about 20 seconds. It's not hard and took me about an hour to remove, clean, and replace all three. On my Endeavor, there were two for the front and one for the rear. That seems odd to me, but that's what it had. There's a tiny orafice inside the valve that gets crud in it and you simply have to clean it out.

Just a word of caution. Regardless of what your guage shows, there may still be air in the suspension system. So, DO NOT get under the coach when removing the air lines. Try to dump all the air first and then remove the lines from above or from the side. I was able to remove the front lines (from the valve body) from above. I opened the front panel on the front of the coach and could reach the lines from there. The rear was an arms length from the right rear corner, so I didn't actually have anything under the coach but my arm. If you remove the air line nut slowly, it will start leaking as it nears the end and will leak down gently. Nonetheless, do NOT get under the unit unless you have the jacks down or some other way of supporting the coach.

Here's the link to the procedure:
http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t.../Dump%20Valve/

Hope this is helpful.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:27 AM   #3

Well Darryl,
I see you are still working on the coach.

Whats on the agenda for tomorrows learning class?

( beats plumbing )

Great write up and pics

2007 Toyoata Prius Hybrid
antlerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:47 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Craig. I see you found your connector too!! Tomorrow is fix-it day for a real piece of moronic stupidity I exercised on Sunday. I took the RV out from under the carport and washed the roof. I need to reseal the front and rear cap seams before winter. Because the wash spot is in the shade all day now, I decided to pull it out into my driveway in the sunshine for a couple of hours to dry. To do this I have to back up under the carport. Wouldn't you know it ---- I left the TV antenna up, despite the red light on the dash flashing. Ripped it right off. It actually broke the cast aluminum base. What a dumb move that was.

Today I went to the RV store and bought the new parts and repaired it. Got to install it some time this week. There won't be any pictures of this one because I don't want everyone to know what a dummy I was, so please don't tell anyone.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:25 AM   #5

Sorry to hear that, My turn to confese one...

On our first motorhome a little 23' Tioga Arrow class C .I parked next to an overhang on a building, The awning on the MH was not encased so it just canvas rolled up , well I drove forward a ways and started a left turn well I did not go forward enough so I caught the buildings overhang , almost tore it off the building and ripped the awning on the mh but good.

So I guess everyone has done something we just should not have done.

so now don't tell anyone about that ok ..LOL

2007 Toyoata Prius Hybrid
antlerz is offline   Reply With Quote