Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2014, 01:02 PM   #1

Almost lost the RV last night and info on hwy98 FL

gulf breeze fl 32563 hwy 98

wind and rain was nuts last night wind all most rolled my RV
tornado 3 of them from last number where on the ground and one tornado was 1 miles from the holt RV park

most of the RV parks here are flooded out and i am sure some RV where lost from water

power was out for 7 hrs so news is slowly coming in

here is a video i made of hwy 98 and driving around some

hand full of roads washed out and i think 98 is closed so today if your trying to drive thro take i10 and even i10 was told is not in good shape

if you are in one of the parks flooded out it would be nice to hear from you and maybe add pics if you can
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140430_104022.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	558.0 KB
ID:	61835   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140430_104720.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	296.8 KB
ID:	61836  

terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2014, 03:28 PM   #2

Heavy rain, flooding causes road closures | FOX10 News - Mobile
mickeyheart2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #3

Forgive me for flaming you, but that was a stupid move to drive through that flooded road. What if the road was washed out? What if there was debris that cut your tire? I did not watch the whole thing and don't intend to. I have lived in areas subject yo local flooding and it is never safe to drive through it.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #4

I saw a video of a road that was in the process of being washed out and there was no water flowing over the road. Water washed out the culvert under the road and the road caved in one minute it looked fine and the next it was gone. After seeing that I wont drive through water running across the road.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired and Happy View Post
Forgive me for flaming you, but that was a stupid move to drive through that flooded road. What if the road was washed out? What if there was debris that cut your tire? I did not watch the whole thing and don't intend to. I have lived in areas subject yo local flooding and it is never safe to drive through it.

LOL guess like you said you did not take the time to look at the video

i was not the last to drive it or the first

i cut out me setting there looking at the trucks going befor me

and where the kids are playing in it tell latter in the video

there are only 2 roads in and out of where i live and 1 was washed out

mody you are right for the one road that Water did washed out the culvert under the road and the road caved in but it was very slow

have pics of that

i mostly added this to get ppl to add pics of whats going on round them as parts of 98 are still closed / any road around here and i know some RV parks here got it really bad

but i am still where there was 24 inc of rain in 2 hrs and the highest was 27 just 10 miles from me
Old 05-01-2014, 09:17 PM   #6

When you shoot video with a phone, hold it HORIZONTALLY! The resulting video will then fill the screen instead of being just a small vertical image in the center of the screen.

Rich & Linda
Rich-n-Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:15 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I'll bet the house owners really appreciate the wakes of water lapping at their doors left by the sightseers driving through their neighborhood. Been there, went through that. I finally had to park the Jeep blocking our street to stop the waves from flooding everyone's storage areas. No, I didn't block my neighbors in...our street is short and has access at both ends, we live in the middle. No one was going anywhere anyway...didn't have the ground clearance to get out of their driveways. That was the only time I've seen catfish swimming in our drive way. Hope it's the last.

Riding around in a flooded area site seeing, only makes a really bad situation worse for the people that live there.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #8

Tornado damage, Alabama

This was in the county where I live but not too close to me, considering the size of the snapped tree and root ball of the uprooted one, and other damage I think the coach came out pretty good, seats still in place, I don't know any details about it or the owners. more damage photos here, April 29, 2014 Storm Damage > Gadsden Times > News > Photo 1 of 70
Old 05-03-2014, 01:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
I'll bet the house owners really appreciate the wakes of water lapping at their doors left by the sightseers driving through their neighborhood. Been there, went through that. I finally had to park the Jeep blocking our street to stop the waves from flooding everyone's storage areas. No, I didn't block my neighbors in...our street is short and has access at both ends, we live in the middle. No one was going anywhere anyway...didn't have the ground clearance to get out of their driveways. That was the only time I've seen catfish swimming in our drive way. Hope it's the last.

Riding around in a flooded area site seeing, only makes a really bad situation worse for the people that live there.
aa more trolling today i see

i guess we well do this again

yes i 100% under stand on making wakes with the trucks and car
2ed time i have said this i was going very slow to stop that

yes i am 100% sure the water was 1 foot higher then it was hrs latter when i tryed to go so any wakes any one made where never as high as the water was befor

it was the only and last road left in and out of where we lived and i have to say 100% if your jeep was in the way to getting out of here it would have been pulled out of the way so every one could to get work or out for food or any thing else

and if the home owners did not tow your jeep out of the way IN MY video the tow trucks would have to keep the road open as there was 2 of them there at all times

where i am at is not some small side road at lest you where lucky you could have did that to stop and help your self

out here there is 6 air force bases and if they say come to work your going to work
Old 05-03-2014, 01:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-n-Linda View Post
When you shoot video with a phone, hold it HORIZONTALLY! The resulting video will then fill the screen instead of being just a small vertical image in the center of the screen.

Rich & Linda

sorry it was taken on a tab and michelle did not know what way to hold it
really my self not sure so i had to flip it in the video editing program

when tanking the video i did not really think i was going to be uploading it
Old 05-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel B View Post
This was in the county where I live but not too close to me, considering the size of the snapped tree and root ball of the uprooted one, and other damage I think the coach came out pretty good, seats still in place, I don't know any details about it or the owners. more damage photos here, April 29, 2014 Storm Damage > Gadsden Times > News > Photo 1 of 70

thanks manuel i guess you are the only one that got what this post was about

i have seen many posts on water up so high that RV could not get out

alot of RVs where lost in a park next to i10 here that was next to a river

news here the day befor only said at one time 3 inc for the night so really no one seen it coming