Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2017, 04:04 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpseat View Post
Seriously... why can't these things come in solid colors? Thanks for offering swirly multitcolor stupid crap all over the place, but I would have paid more for a flat grey/beige rig.

Do people actually LIKE the stupid GFX that come on these things?

Just my $.02.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2017, 05:40 AM   #16

I certainly don't hate them, but I do prefer solid colors. To each his own.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:11 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I do think the solid black luxury coaches are sharp and cool looking, but the dirt & bugs would bother me. Every time we wash our rig, some bird finds us anyway :-)

We FT and went for less "flash" and more subtlety in our colors, with an aim to reduce the contrast and also hide dirt/bugs a bit more. We were unable to have the paint pattern changed, so it still swoops & swirls.

About 1 out of 100 people think it's the best colors they've ever seen. It does seem to be true that the majority of folks truly prefer things brighter, shinier, higher contrast, and "popping".

We are just happy to be able to travel like this for a while, before my health shuts it down for good. I love looking at the full spectrum of traveling units, from the littlest to the biggest; vintage to futuristic; and chrome & colors oh my! :-)

Enjoy your camping!
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:56 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I bet all my swirls get more complements than plain janes. Easy to find in a sea of white TTs.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:00 AM   #19

Oh this is an easy one, Yep.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:33 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Nothing like solid black to give the A/C a workout running across the desert.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:41 AM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
Most of the graphics are decals. You can have them removed. If they are painted on then you can have your rig painted. Of course the cost would be significant unless you do it yourself but if you find the graphics that ugly maybe order one the way you want it?
Old 09-13-2017, 07:16 PM   #22

I'm with you!! Honestly, I'd love if the RV/trailer companies would hire designers to revamp the standard exteriors AND the interiors. They seem to be stuck in some time warp. I know we can all spend time redecorating our rigs to our own tastes, but I'd much prefer if they gave us a blank canvas to work off of rather than forcing us to undo their "swirly woodland wonderland" themes.
shanita257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:09 AM   #23

Seen quite a few super C motorhomes solid white and they are very ugly imho.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:41 AM   #24

Don't care for the all white or all black RVs but yeah, they could tone down the swirlies a bit I suppose. I owned a '94 Bounder for several years that I eventually got painted down in Mexico as I was a bit tired of the original paint colors after living with it for several years. This is what the typical RV looked like back in the '90's. Not that bad looking I suppose, at least for a while.

Though it didn't look that bad, sure but got tired of it after a few years. Plus the vinyl was getting to be cracked and faded. So I asked the talented automotive painter down in Mazatlan, Mexico for color suggestions. And he came up with this...

Really looked much better. All the vinyl had been replaced with paint and the colors were darker and richer than the original color scheme. But the solid colors do look nice. No swirlies!

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:30 AM   #25
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Yup, I think you're the only one! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:40 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
You could get a "wrap" (a.k.a. "skin") - its a bumper sticker like material that can cover the entire vehicle or just the sides.

We did wraps on our company cars and it held up real good. The company had a custom design and advertising produced specifically for them, which is then printed on the wrap material. Once its applied it looks like a paint job. When the company cars (leased) where turned in, the wrap peeled off and the paint under it was like new.

3M makes the material with UV protector. It is supposed to last a couple of years before fading.

Of course, it needs to be professionally installed. I think it was around $1000 for a full wrap of a midsize SUV.

Car Wrap
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:17 PM   #27

The day I see a RV with a wizard on the side shooting flames out of his fingers is where I give up camping all together.
sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:49 PM   #28

Count me as another that dislikes the graphics on RVs.
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote