Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2014, 12:18 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Anchoring a Residential Fridge

I have made the decision to replace my Norcold 1200LRM refrigerator with a residential Samsung RF197. I’ve scoured the forum looking at how other members have tackled this project. One thing that I haven’t seen is how folks have secured/anchored the new fridge in place. Any advice with photos would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #2

I made brackets that mount on the top where the door hinge brackets mount
newmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmar10 View Post
I made brackets that mount on the top where the door hinge brackets mount
Do you have any photos of it that you could share?

Craig

Old 08-13-2014, 07:01 PM   #4

Bolted mine through the front feet to the floor.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:38 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Craig,
This probably won't help you since your fridge will likely be sitting directly on the floor, but I figured I would post my solution for ideas for those with a smaller fridge conversion where you have a cabinet below the fridge.

I removed the wheels and feet and made 2 oak rails that I bolted to the bottom of the fridge. Once in place and shimmed I used 8 Kreg wood screws to secure it from underneath. Hope this is helpful for someone.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:55 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandG-Fun View Post
Craig,
This probably won't help you since your fridge will likely be sitting directly on the floor, but I figured I would post my solution for ideas for those with a smaller fridge conversion where you have a cabinet below the fridge.
That actually helps me out Glenn. I have a drawer below my fridge that I will be able to keep since I have a high ceiling. This may just be the ticket.

Thanks!

Craig

Old 08-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Exclamation Samsung RF197 Discontinued!

I found out today that Samsung has discontinued making the RF197. Here is a link to another thread I started.

Craig

Old 08-14-2014, 03:58 PM   #8

I did nearly the same with our Summit. I used 2 existing holes in the back/bottom near the compressor. Put the reefer where I wanted it, moved it partially back out, drilled the holes thru the shelf/floor, put it back in, shimmed it, ran bolts from the top and used fender washers and elastic stop nuts from the bottom. This prevents it from tipping forward. The upper cabinet trim keeps it from rocking up/back.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #9

Ours was similar. I used the two leveling brackets on the front. Unscrew the adjustable feet and make a block with a hole in it so that the leveling brackets rest on the little blocks. Run a lag strew or a through bolt into your platform. That holds the front down. Screws through the sheet metal in the rear area will hold the back.

I found that the platform I made was a little flexible, so I used thermal insulation panels to fill in the gap at the top. They wedged in very nicely and keep the fridge from rocking around. Others have mentioned using brackets at the top, but my space was so limited that I could not get anything to go in there.

Over all, it worked out really well. As others have said, the new refrigerator is well worth the blood, sweat and tears.

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:17 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
On the one I installed I put the refrigerator in place then marked where there were holes in the metal base that I could access from the outside panel/door. I pulled the refrigerator out and drilled holes - I think it was four locations. Put the refrigerator back in and put lag bolts into those holes. For the top of the refrigerator I drilled very shallow holes, used an ice pick to kind of explore the area under the holes. Finding no obstructions, cables or wires etc. I screwed the metal tabs (that had held the Norcold) to the top of the new refrigerator. It appears to be very solid.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge

« Mold | Travasac »