Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2015, 03:21 PM   #29

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to normandlegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Grace View Post
So far, in our Allegro Open Road, I just use non-skid mats for coffee pot and toaster. I use Museum Putty for decorative items only. It has worked from NY to FL and back with no problems. We have been full-timing since November 2014. Good luck.
We use the same non skid material under our dual induction plate, the coffee maker, the electric convection oven and the bread box and so far nothing has momed from the counter. We even use that material in all of our dishes & food pantries and also in our kitchen drawers, which makes them much quiter while travelling.
We also put that same material between every pots & pans that are stored under the propane stove (we don't have a propane oven)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2015, 07:15 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by normandlegra View Post
We use the same non skid material under our dual induction plate, the coffee maker, the electric convection oven and the bread box and so far nothing has momed from the counter. We even use that material in all of our dishes & food pantries and also in our kitchen drawers, which makes them much quiter while travelling.
We also put that same material between every pots & pans that are stored under the propane stove (we don't have a propane oven)
Pretty much the same for us but different items. On this current trip I had to "panic Stop" in Phoenix rush hour traffic once and the items on the non skid material stayed in place. I can't say the same about the bathroom medicine cabinet with the forward facing door but will say it is nice that we have the habit of putting down the toilet lid when traveling. Hate to think of where my toothbrush may have ended up. Granted if we hit a tree or truck or something else solid those items on the counter would move or fly forward and perhaps injure us (or not).

1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:05 PM   #31

We have 6 rubberized placemats so we use those under anything left out. Works great, but never leave hot coffee in the pot. Usually put coffee pot in sink
Old 06-09-2015, 05:49 AM   #32

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to normandlegra
And just to add to it, whatever is on the bathroom vanity, we put it in the sink and the same for the kitchen hand soap and paper towel rack, we put them in the kitchen sink.
p.s. for the medicine cabiet, we did installed and fitted small narrow plastic container, just about 1" height to keep the small containers on the shelves.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:23 AM   #33

You never know when you have to come to a quick stop. We went around a curve to construction. They should have had a worker before the curve. This was in a motor home and my dog came flying toward the front and a Kleenex box from the back bedroom came all the way to the front of the coach. I don't leave anything out in the 5er. We have a truck that the dogs are nice and comfy in the backseat but still could get hurt. I tried one dog seat belt on a dog once. He almost choked himself trying to get out of it and moving around. But I have a cushion they sit on and as protected as I can get for them.

Justwinginit is offline   Reply With Quote