Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Another little problem... auto vent

The motor on "fantastic fan vent", keeps running even when switch is turned off. Only way I can stop it is take out the fuse. Is this a circuit biard problem or ??? Thanks for any help. Alleyman. 2004 Dolphin
Alleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds like a bad switch problem. Some 'fantastics' have a mechanism to switch off when the cover is down. Will it run even when the cover is down?
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes, it keeps running even when I turn it to the off position. Must be the board. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Did you try to call the factory? They have excellent tech support and really stand behind their product. I believe the number is 800.521.0298
bigskymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks very much, Bigskymt. I will give them a call tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:15 PM   #6

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

Tech suppoet is excellent. My fan would turn off, but it stayed at max speed when turned on to Auto or manual. Called tech support and they went thru some trouble shooting determined bad board, sent me a new board at my next destination at no charge.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the feedback. I am going to call tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleyman View Post
The motor on "fantastic fan vent", keeps running even when switch is turned off. Only way I can stop it is take out the fuse. Is this a circuit biard problem or ??? Thanks for any help. Alleyman. 2004 Dolphin

I had that occur last year and the tech sent me a whole new assembly with detailed instructions for upgrading my model. When I explained what happened he knew immediately what to send.

Call them and parts will be in mail immediately.

Bob

Southern California
BZam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:48 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZam View Post
I had that occur last year and the tech sent me a whole new assembly with detailed instructions for upgrading my model. When I explained what happened he knew immediately what to send.

Call them and parts will be in mail immediately.

Bob
I also had a problem with mine even turning on. I received a whloe new fan motor, blade, and lid raising motor assembly N/C. Fantastic is the best company out there.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #10

Even tho Fantastic Fans are sold with a supposed warranty period they will keep on supplying replacement parts after the warranty is up by calling the factory techs. Even tho they produce a very good product from time to time some gremlin will pop up even years after installation and they have always stood behind their product. I personally wouldn't even consider another brand.
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:20 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Follow up on my Fan-tastic vent fan problem. I called tech support at the factory and they were great. He diagnosed my problem as a bad motor and put un in the mail to at no charge. Also included a drive gear assembly. Unbelievable customer service. Thanks for the help. The folks at Fan-tastic Fan are "FANTASTIC"!!! Alleyman. 2004 Dolphin 5355