Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
any body rebuild there hwh motor ?

well we figure the motor went bad on the hwh leveling system they say try to have the motor rebuilt anyone do this yet ? thanks boy they sure give you a lot of room to work ! lol

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Many board members have had their pump motors repaired at a local automotive generator/starter motor repair shop. The HWH pump is a variation of a starter motor. Many truck lift gate motors are very similar. It is not rocket science in that it requires a return trip to Moscow, IA.

US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:00 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Boy-oh-boy does this ever sound familiar! I just went through this dilemma, from attempted rebuild to new replacement (didn't work) to new assembly install. On the rebuild attempt; left my motor with a local shop for 10-12 days, result was that 2 of their supply houses could not match nor supply the brush housing tail piece. They, as well as I were dumbfounded. So, I order a new motor (HWH has it listed as "obsolete") that I readily found online (same p/n). It arrives but is no match. Same mounting configuration, same electrically as the old but the armature slotted shaft was way too long. I posted pictures of this problem here on this forum somewhere. If I knew how to link them here to this discussion I would.
End result, new motor/pump/reservoir assembly installed and all is well.
For me, space was not an issue and the new replaced the old quite handily, same space, same mounting holes used etc. so that was one big relief since HWH was advising that I may have to reconfigure the bracketry for the new assembly (thankyou Winnebago for the room to work).
Best of luck to you!!!!!!!! Should you be able to get your motor rebuilt, you'll be miles ahead of me in solving your problem.
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:09 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
HWH hydraulic pump

If I've done this correctly...here is the link to the other discussion regarding this HWH pump/motor issue w/ pictures.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:55 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt46 View Post
HWH hydraulic pump

If I've done this correctly...here is the link to the other discussion regarding this HWH pump/motor issue w/ pictures.
thanks this helps alot what is the spring your talking about ?looks like we have the same unit ive got one cable loose but when im trying to jump it it is still dead Ive got limited tools here:( did you pull the pump and reservoir out together ? ill start spaying the pb blaster though now ! this board just rocks ! looks like 2 bolts holding the whole thin together? does that sound right ? thanks
Old 05-10-2011, 09:53 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
fxdave, if your 200 series is like mine, once you pull the 2 allenhead bolts out of the motor and pull it, the slot adapter w/spring will come out with it and.....if you're like me, it will fall directly to the ground and roll away leaving you wondering what you just lost.
Look at the pictures I've linked to in the other thread, you'll see the slot adapter and spring.
The assembly replacement was a breeze due to Winnebago's mounting. I had plenty of room for the new assembly to mount using the existing brackets. I simply loosened the screw clamp that holds the solenoid to the motor and slid the motor out. Loosened the 2 mounting bolts holding the assembly to the bracket. Removed the 3 long bolts that hold the hydraulic manifold on the top of the pump and wire tied it up out of the way. I didn't loosen or remove any hydraulic line. Then I removed the pre loosened mounting bolts and remove the pump/reservoir assembly. I don't think I lost a thimble full of ATF fluid doing this job. Any other question fire away and I'll try to help.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:42 AM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
lt46 when you tried jumping this did you have the power on ? i tried it by just putting a wire across ? looks like one of my cables is loose and wonrt tighen i think i need a washer problem is mine is in a area tough to reach or see ugh go figure right ! im thinking i might not have troubleshooted it right to start with thi is a loose neg cable the back one i know i got to get it tight as a process of elimination for troubleshooting thanks
Old 05-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
fx,
to test the motor, I was told by HWH to turn on the system at the panel and then follow the 2 wires from the joystick grounding plate, into the wheel well and find the electrical connection point. Disconnect the pigtail from that point and then use a pair of needlenose pliers to jumper the connection end that leads away into the wiring harness. By jumpering this electrical connection, the motor should run. Mine did not and was proof that the motor was bad.
If you think you have a loose wiring problem, be sure to use star washers and tighten every connection. It's very easy to snap a post on the solenoid while tightening so be careful. For a quick check, make up a jumper wire with a couple of alligator clips on each end. Put this in place to make a good ground and see what happens.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
it was a loose cable
Old 05-11-2011, 12:19 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Good find! One "atta-boy" for you!
Old 05-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
really weird i cant get it super tight but im traveling with limited tools BUT it is working an i am relived ! now i need to check the fluid ,im guessing u do that when all is retracted ? boy it sure is nice to have my stabilizers back for sure though !
Old 05-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Fluid check= slide closed, jacks up.