Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2010, 09:37 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
Any one know where to get an rv outlet box?

I'm in the planning stages of having a 50/30/20 amp pedestal installed at my home. Does anyone know a good source for the breaker box with the outlets and the breakers installed? obviously looking for the best deal ! also any suggestions greatly appreciated ! ill be doing a 50 amp box with a couple of 20 amps also ! thanks ! this is the best i have found so far http://www.rvparksupplies.com/p/503020AMPSMPOWER/

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2010, 09:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdave View Post
I'm in the planning stages of having a 50/30/20 amp pedestal installed at my home. Does anyone know a good source for the breaker box with the outlets and the breakers installed? obviously looking for the best deal ! also any suggestions greatly appreciated ! ill be doing a 50 amp box with a couple of 20 amps also ! thanks ! this is the best i have found so far 50, 30, 20 amp Surface Mount RV Power Outlet - RV Park Supplies
Your source seems pretty competititive. We had four hook ups installed at our ranch, each with an RV hook up consisting of a 50/30/15 amp box plus water. Generally, the RV hook ups run about $225 each plus, plus.

Don

Old 12-05-2010, 10:43 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
thanks don ! that box looks pretty good i thought but u never know shipping 13.00 so 126 maybe someone here knows a good source for even a used one ! ill be running mobile home feeder wire out to it ! electrician told me it was the best bet !
Old 12-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #4

We bought a box from Lowes and the breakers/plugs. Attached it to our old Temp Power pole. David knows how to wire them up since he's been installing temp poles for construction jobs for decades. Our RV only has a 30 amp plug. So we had a 30 amp for the RV and a 20 amp plug for running power tools.

When we left out from NC, we brought the box with us. Never know when we will need one!
Old 12-06-2010, 06:14 AM   #5
paz

I bought a 30-amp box at Home Depot. Not all stores may stock them, but I saw both 30 and 50-amp boxes at both Lowe's and Home Depot.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:02 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lowe's has a Swan weather-proof box that has a 50 amp outlet with breaker and a 20 amp outlet with GFCI breaker. I installed that for my service where I store the motorhome.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #7

fxdave, that is a fabulous price on them. I've been shopping for one for some time now. I was watching several Ebay items -all much higher than the one you found! Now I'm just going to buy one from the source you found. Excellent find.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
update fyi i did buy my box from that link also got a qoute from jamestown elec these guys beat it ! when i got my box it was from you got it jamestown electric just 15 buck cheaper ! now to finish getting the goods ! and connecting it !
Old 12-27-2010, 06:32 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Our Menards / Home Depot / Lowes all have them. Menards even has a little section in electrical labelled "RV / Motorhome" They have RV type outlets and things too.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:45 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
With all that being said . about hook ups . We ran into the problem Of letting Friends hooking up to to the power; Most homes are wired for 150 amps. Some 200 amps. Well we let them hook up and it got a bit chilly and they pluged it Those #$^%^&*#@ Electric heaters, You have 6 or 8 visitors and they do that ,that will not leave much power for you; so you may have to up the transformer on the feeder line For more head room, And your main in your house/shop to handle the added amp draw; 30 amp circuts X 6 == 180 amps. Life is good;